Process of registering in this forum

Because spam is nearly uncontrollable even as it is. With three CAPTCHAs we moderators are still banning spammers 5-10 times a day. With fewer than that, it gets even worse.

Trust me, we didn't do this lightly. I'd love to be able to get rid of some. But we're a very popular forum with precisely zero paid staff, so we have to do what we can.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That email is primarily for bug reports and crashes.  It's very focused on development issues.  For all other topics - please post here on the forum. 

Hello david,

considering your point of view it seems to be logical ;-)

But it was the first time i met a website having so many captchas.

Hello EER,

i dont know if you read the content of the mail? I just didnt want to have another forum have my login data an mail adress.

Greetings

Wolfgang

No I didn't.  The paint.net developer (Rick Brewster) is the person who reads emails sent to that address.

New users have restricted posting ability until they reach a certain post count. They are flagged as "Newbies" under their avatar. Once the post count is reached they are promoted to "Members" group.

This makes spam easier to deal with by restricting how many forums it will appear in.

If I remember correctly, you were already over that threshold when we instituted that policy, Goonfella.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Archived