Zoom to Window doesn't work for images smaller than the window size.

Hello, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I was unable to find it on the forum.

I have a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and the Paint.NET 4.0.3 maximized. I've created a picture that is 800x600 in size. The default zoom is 100%.

If I select the "Zoom to Window" option, the zoom doesn't change.

Also, if the picture has a bigger zoom, selecting either "Zoom to Window" or "Actual Size", both change the zoom to 100%.

However, for pictures that are bigger than the window, or resizing an existing image, the zoom options work as expected.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks, regards.

Hi Alucard2k! Welcome to the forum :)

Using zoom to window either sets the image to the window size (if the image is larger than the window at 100%) or sets the image size to 100% if the image is smaller than the window. 

Think of this feature as allowing you to snap a large image to the maximum size that can be viewed without scrolling.  It does not enlarge a small image to the window size.

Actual Size should show the image at 100%.  This is the correct behavior.

<moved to paint.net Discussion & Questions>

• Upvote 1

You can get what you expect by using the sequence

Ctr.-A              Select all

Ctrl-Shift+B    Zoom to Selection

Ctr-D              Deselect

The ^Zoom to Window' and 'Zoom to Actual Size' behaviour (as described by EER) is standard from the time w/o high resolution screens to allow people to edit pixels. Nowadays - with screen dpis > 200 dpi - it should be revised IMHO.

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif