Keyboard shortcuts for select next/prev Layer & move layer up/down?

mbres

Was wondering if there are keyboard shortcuts available for making the next/previous layer active and for moving the current layer up/down (in the layer list)?

If not, might there be a chance that these be added? It would really increase productivity a lot for my workflow.

Thanks.

Hi @mbrs - I may have misunderstood your question, but surely it's quicker to just click on the layer to make it active?  Also, to move a layer up or down takes one click on these for up or down :MoveLayerUp: :MoveLayerDown: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @mbrs - I may have misunderstood your question, but surely it's quicker to just click on the layer to make it active?  Also, to move a layer up or down takes one click on these for up or down :MoveLayerUp: :MoveLayerDown: .

Yes I know this. Wherever I can I tend to use keyboard shortcuts instead though, so I can keep my pen/mouse on the main image and I don't have to travel across to my second screen (where I keep the tools/color/layer windows) to click on a rather tiny button. It would me save time and uncessary mouse movements, in the same way as using the "S" command to select and "P" to use the pencil is a lot quicker for me that having to click that particular button on the Tools window.

Edited by mbres

Ahhh - yes, I now understand your predicament ;) .  The only short cut keys I know can be found here but I don't think what you are requesting is there :(

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Ahhh - yes, I now understand your predicament ;) .  The only short cut keys I know can be found here but I don't think what you are requesting is there :(

Hmm. Too bad. But in that case maybe Mr. Brewster will consider adding it?

Something like PgUp/PgDwn = Select Previous/Next Layer, Ctrl+PgUp/PgDwn = Move Layer Up/Down might make sort-of sense, maybe? But really... any keyboard shortcut would be super.

In V4+ you can also drag a layer up or down with your mouse ;)

Which is indeed neat. But stil slower than a keyboard shortcut  :(

Also: Besides the keyboard shortcuts it would also make sense to have the "Move Layer Up/Down" actions as menu items in the "Layers" menu... all other Layer actions (besides these ones and "Select Previous/Next") are there...

Edited by mbres