How to Install Plugins ×

The Plugin Browser (Updated 2015-24-01)

Dwarf Horde: I'm sure you already thought about: It would be nice if the tool could evaluate a downloaded Plugin Index to get more keywords and propose plugins to download.

That sounds like a cool Idea, it would require the index to be populated with keywords. I think Ego's current project maybe a too little time consuming to start down that road. But it's food for thought.

By the way the next update will include the Built-ins as well as the Plug-ins and has some timing adjustments. Thanks for the suggestions.

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Dwarf Horde: I'm sure you already thought about: It would be nice if the tool could evaluate a downloaded Plugin Index to get more keywords and propose plugins to download.

Interesting thought!

Potential issues:

If Plugin Index is held as an external file - there will be problems locating it.  See how many users find installing plugins problematic?

If Plugin Index is held as an internal resource, it enlarges the Browser and will slow load time.  PB could poll a server for the info or updates (currently monthly) but this would naturally slow load time.

I could fairly easily produce a stripped down version of the PI for use with PB.  I'd filter the description for words of a certain length and call them keywords.

• Upvote 1

Gimme a couple of days. I have a few other projects on the go :lol:

What's the easiest field for you to use to id the plugins? Name or *.DLL?

You want BOTH??  Work, work, work...., :D

• 2 weeks later...

The Plugin Browser has been updated

Version 1.0.1.6

Now includes Built-in Effects.   The Plugin Browser will also suggest plugins that you don't have but may want to download.  Once a month the Plugin Browser connects to the paint.net forum and downloads a copy of the Plugin Index.  This file is used to match keyword searches against plugins by parsing the plugin descriptions from the Index.  You will receive a prompt before the download proceeds.

A very special thanks to Midora for insight and suggestions.

• Upvote 3

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Well done.

Some other ideas.

- Run the task to collect the informations from the static constructor of the effect class in the background to avoid the delay at the first opening.

- Add filetype plugins. As far as I can see from the DebugView output they are touched already during the scan. BTW: Some filetype plugins add plugin support info already.

Some issues:

- As reported already: The Url link does not respect spaces: I.e in the plugin info fo the PrintIt pluign.

- The 'built-in effec' radio button text does not fit the reason may be that the font used for the radio buttons is too large on my system

midoras signature.gif

Some other ideas.

- Run the task to collect the informations from the static constructor of the effect class in the background to avoid the delay at the first opening.

- Add filetype plugins. As far as I can see from the DebugView output they are touched already during the scan. BTW: Some filetype plugins add plugin support info already.

We'll have to discuss the file types among the horde.

Multi-threading the assemblies load can get confusing since the user would have nothing to do.

- As reported already: The Url link does not respect spaces: I.e in the plugin info fo the PrintIt pluign.

- The 'built-in effec' radio button text does not fit the reason may be that the font used for the radio buttons is too large on my system

Yikes I forgot that %20 issue - fixed and uploaded, sorry.

dropped font size on Radio's - you're probably not the only one with that issue.

Build 1.0.1.7 Uploaded!!

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Got it and tried to run your Strange Attractors from it and it crashed pdn.

6_zpsf35cf502.png

Clicked the 'Show Details' button in the screenshit but it didn't respond.

May be in case of error It would be a good idea to copy and paste the details ;-)

midoras signature.gif

I really like this plugin, and it's only getting better. :)

GREAT JOB GUYS! <3

However, I do have to agree with Skullbonz, although I appreciate the attempt to moving the plugin up the list with the " - ", is there any way to have the plugin browser be at the top of my plugins list? I sadly have a fair share of plugin sub-categories. And while the many categories help to keep my renders and distort categories shorter, they make my plugin browser far away.

Aside from that, I still see myself using this plugin more and more. What a wonderful plugin this is. Thanks! <3

It's a mile long but on the third try I got this,lol. Here's the beginning,if you want a lower section let me know and I'll scroll down.   It has an option to save to clip board and the only clip board I know about is in pdn and it was crashed so I couldn't see saving it there,lol

7_zpsbe4dfb58.png

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I managed to get this information, before the error detail also crashed:

Exception details:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at TRsStrangeAttractor.EffectPluginConfigDialog.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

{edit}
Could be unrelated, but there is Three variations of your name in the "by author" tab 

post-110074-0-92927400-1407528271_thumb.

Edited by mottoman
  • Upvote 1

HFuQlot.png