Sign in to follow this  
withlovejoanne

Norton will not allow BoltBaits Plugin

Hi I'm in tropuble.  I am a dedicated PAINT.NET user and use it for my business.  After installing my Norton Protection I can no long install the BoltBait's Program.  Norton keeps throwing it out!!!  Help Help Help!   All my most important tools are in there.  Can someone please advise?  Thank you Joanne DeLomba

Hi Joanne and welcome - when you say BoltBait's program do you mean his Plugins?  The ones below his signature?

1.  You must download from the correct source - like here on the Forum on this link.

2.  Sometimes Norton can be very 'finiky' and I've had nothing but trouble with it ...... so don't use it anymore.

Hope you get things working soon :)

Yes, I recommend very strongly against Norton and McAfee.  It gives many false positives (innocuous programs that it flags as malicious) while allowing many false negatives (malicious programs that it does not catch).  You would be better served by using AVG, Avast!, or Microsoft Security Essentials (if you're on Windows 7) / Windows Defender (if you're on Windows 8).  They're all free, and way better programs than Norton or McAfee.  I've been running Microsoft's antivirus software for about seven years with absolutely zero problems.

That said, you should be able to exclude the BoltBait plugin pack (assuming you're downloading from this forum) from Norton.  Try checking the system tray icon (which should be :arrow-downright: down there somewhere) or the Norton configuration/settings dialog, or the blocking popup, for an exclusion option.

• Upvote 2