Color replace problems

OK.  I'm new to the forums.  I have a question about color replacement in paint.net.

Here is what I want to do.  Imagine I have a picture where the top half is 100% red.  The bottom half of my picture is 100% green.  Dividing the red and green is a 100% beige line approximately 10 pixels thick.  I want to replace the red with 100% blue.  So, I select my blue.  I select the paint can.  I have a 0% tolerance setting.  However, when I click on the red, the paint fill bleeds into the beige in gradients.  I don't want this.

This was working perfectly fine in prior versions of paint.net.

What am I doing wrong?  Or is this a major bug?

Edge

If you're using 4.0 then try turning off antialiasing in the toolbar. That will ensure a hard edge.

How is that a bad default setting? It works quite well in the common case.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

There's two common cases, people editing photographs and people editing pixel-perfect art. The antialiased defaults make sense for the former people and none at all for the latter. Photoshop remembers these settings between sessions, I believe.  I won't say which should be paint.net's default, but it should at least be remembering, because otherwise, for some people, it's a mistake 100% of the time.

If you're using 4.0 then try turning off antialiasing in the toolbar. That will ensure a hard edge.

How is that a bad default setting? It works quite well in the common case.

Bad default on MY part, apparently.  Needed to change it in the settings...

Edge