Paint.Net 4.0 - Palette Layout is not saved on exit

Hi,

I'm used to a specifc layout in Paint.Net. The previous version (3.5) used to save the layout on exit, now it does not. I need to place the palettes on each opening.

I put my palette outside the image area so that if I zoom a lot, I have access to the whole image without having the palettes in the way. I know I can hide them and re-enable them, but I think it's easier when they are always visible ouside the drawing area.

Is there anyway to save the layout in the new version so that when I open Paint.NET, the same layout for palette is applied?

Thanks!

This only seems to happen on some systems.

Can you try something for me?

Go into the Settings dialog and change the Color Scheme ... if it's set to Light, then set it to Blue, or vice versa. Close Settings, and then restart Paint.NET. Does it remember the change, or does it forget?

(or change any other setting)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

HI Rick,

It does not work. The settings is saved and re-applied on opening, but the layout is resetted.

I have a Windows 8.1 system with and SSD Drive. I don't know if it may have a link, but when I installed, the last part of the installation where it says "optimizing performance" never ended. I had to kill the installation at that point, then I was able to use it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I also used to have a specific palette layout in Paint.NET 3.x, and sadly versions 4.0 and 4.0.1 don't remember the layout. The main window size is also not restored. The only thing that is restored is whether the main window is maximized or not; if not, the window appears in a slightly different position every time the application is started.

I miss this feature and will be happy to provide any feedback and assist in fixing the issue :)

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Classic window scheme

Dual-monitor system, the secondary monitor is on the left and has negative coordinates

Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2

Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1

When installing versions 4.0 and 4.0.1, I did not notice anything unusual such as freezing "Optimizing performance" step.

On Classic scheme it's impossible to change the color scheme in PDN settings. Other settings such as language, default tool, brush width and flood tolerance are stored and restored on restart.

Since I installed 4.x on top of 3.x, I thought that something wrong may be left in the registry. I deleted the PDN registry key in HKCU, the application created it anew, but the window and palette positions are still not remembered.