How to Make Decorative Clocks and Media Buttons for Skins

:) Hi there! I currently make skins for Desktop Sidebar and was interested in learning how to make decorative clock faces. I have tried to use the globes, but the effect is not what I'm looking for. I'd like to be able to add different decorative clocks to each skin and was hoping that someone could help. I also would like to do media buttons better as well. They are not as easy as they look, and I would like to be able to produce better skins with more professionally looking parts. Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

:shock: :shock: I made this post over a week ago. While I did not anticipate a next-day response, I did believe that SOMEONE would have replied by now. If there is a better way for someone new to seek help, then I really wish you'd let me know. Thank you.

Jackie people here post about making normal images in Paint.NET. I think there 2 reasons why no one has helped you yet.

1. Maybe there not to many people here who made there own new desktop with custom images.

2. Maybe people don't understand what your asking for. I got a feeling this is the more likey one. I will even go through your post to let you know were I get lost when reading it.

Hi there! I currently make skins for Desktop Sidebar and was interested in learning how to make decorative clock faces.

decorative clock faces ? You mean for the computer clock ? If you mean the computer clock then your on your own because that thing is deep in the OS from what I can tell.

I have tried to use the globes, but the effect is not what I'm looking for.

huh ??? globes ???. We got an effect that makes globes ???

I also would like to do media buttons better as well. They are not as easy as they look, and I would like to be able to produce better skins with more professionally looking parts.

Well your on your own for that one to because only you can make yourself get better at making images.

Did you have a look at the whole bunch of tutorial that only are expecting you here, in which you can find almost everything from the chrome effect to a fire generation.

Then you can try and use some tips, and create a whole new, nice and clean stuff...

Regards,

Skro

ZoC radio, Chaos is on the air

Hey Jackie, I've made a couple of skins and the like so I can try and help you but you need to be more specific on what you want to make. Post a couple of examples of what you want your clock and media buttons to look like and I'll try an come up with a quick tut ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^