The most important feature of 4.0 is no where to be seen :(

Why did the "scroll past the border" feature get removed? It was the main reason I was waiting for 4.0!

The feature I'm talking about was discussed on the blog at one point where if you had an image bigger than the screen, or you were zoomed in, you would be allowed to scroll beyond the image. This seriously disappoints me.

Rick is the sole developer and wanted to get a stable version out.  Not every feature made the final cut.  This is a trade off between wants and needs and time.

Sorry you're disappointed.  The price you paid for this software should more than make up for it.  Yes? 

He did mention that the new "plumbing" he was putting into place for 4.0 was such that it would allow for scrolling past the edges.  So now, my friend, it is at least possible!

Small steps.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.