I think I found where all these font issues are coming from

Kaiser Yoshi

... the hard way. :/

Okay, so I just installed a font. There are four new files in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts:

fontproblem1sv6.png

So now I open Paint.NET to use the fonts. They should be right between Times New Roman and Traditional Arabic... but:

fontproblem2fu7.png

They don't show up in the list. A bug? I think this is why everybody is asking questions despite the large number of previous font issue threads. The four font files are OpenType fonts, if it makes a difference.

If you open the fonts, what happen?

Where did they come from?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded a .ttf font which is TrueType right? But I still can't access it even through the tutorials for installing sigs... :(

BlackandWhite.png

:?: Installing... Sigs?

I'm missing something here...

To install a font, drag-'n-drop the .ttf into the C:\ WINDOWS\ Fonts folder (for some reason or another, the backslashes aren't showing up between the folder names after submitting, but they're supposed to be there). If PDN is open at the time, you'll have to restart it before the new font can be used.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 4 weeks later...
The GDI+ text system, which is what Paint.NET uses, doesn't support OpenFont, only TrueType. This is nothing new or surprising.

Arrgh!

Professional Software Developer

and happy user of Paint.net

• 3 months later...

well i downloaded fonts that are True Type and for some reason they will only show up in Microsoft Word and other places where you can type (such as paint. NOT paint.net). They work propely. But when I look for them in paint.net they arent there. can someone please help me?