How do you only colour that layer??

I have been trying to draw hatsune miku and I made like her hair and eyes and clothes and stuff in layers .. I did that because I thought for 1 layer i will be able to color only in that part so for example u make 3 layers .. 1 layer is a square .. another is a circle and the last one is a triangle ... the first layer i can only paint on that thing i made on that layer so.. the paint or pencil doesn't go out of the square.. idk if u understand but is it possible to do that? if yes then how

The layer is not restricted to the object you made in the layer. The layer is like a clear sheet that you are drawing on.

If you want to make sure your pencil/paintbrush stays inside the lines, so to speak, you should select the are you wish it to be restricted to (if you have an object drawn already, I recommend using the magic wand to select it).

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo