Bug or Feature: PPI Changes

splatcat

I "Select All" copy the image and then "Paste into New Image".

The pixel size is the same but the ppi changes to 96 which causes the print size to change.

Is this normal behaviour? (It's OK if I remember it's does it, otherwise I have issues), Or maybe there's a setting or something somewhere I need to tweak?

(sorry, I've seen what I did in the title but not how to edit it).

Edited by splatcat

Yes, Paint,NET does not really support the dpi value. Even effect plugins are not getting the dpi value.

If you copy a layer to the clipboard then horizontal and vertical resolution is set to zero in the DIB. That's why new assumes 96dpi.

If I remember correctly then Rick does not like to support dpi and alpha because of all these issues with the clipboard handling between applications. I would vote for it ;-)

But maybe this changed in 4 with the support of the png format on the clipboard. Or Paint.NETs internal format the 'MaskedSurface' supports it.

(sorry, I've seen what I did in the title but not how to edit it).

Click edit and then in the second step click 'full editor'

midoras signature.gif

Thank you.

A work around for me would be the ability to change that 96 default at any time. That way I could set it to what I was working in for that project and I assume all my issues would be solved. Not being a programmy type person I'm not sure if that would be a bigger job than the initial issue or not.

Click edit and then in the second step click 'full editor'

Thank you, found it. Once you pointed it out I realised the board software is the same as mine :-) Not that I'm much better with my own!