Cannot "Send feedback or bug report..."

srpelissier

Hi,

I was trying to report "Magic wand looks weird" from within PDN but then nothing happened, except for a cursor turning from standard arrow into hourglass. PDN was restarted before giving it another try but with the same results.

PDN version 4.0.5268

1. I click the button with a question mark in the upper right corner

2. I click Send feedback or bug report, the cursor turns into the hourglass

3. no step three, nothing happens.

I can then click, for example, on the File menu, the cursor goes back to normal and I can carry on, except for sending feedback and/or bug reports of course.

I have used this feature in a previous release of the beta when I reported an issue about the Windows clipboard not being accessible from within PDN.

Regards, Sylvain

PS: it's a bug report about not being to report bugs ;-)

Since this is a 4.0 issue, I'm moving the thread. Funny error to have. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It works for me. Maybe your email client is not registered in a way that Paint.NET can open it.

But probably just Rick knows the method Paint.NET is using to send the mailto; request.

midoras signature.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Same error here. I do not have any email client installed, maybe it's because of that. It sure looks funny that you can still paint and do everything with the hourglas/wait cursor :D

edit:

after a few hours this Windows dialog popped up: "Der Vorgang kann nicht ausgeführt werden, weil der Standard-Mailclient nicht richtig installiert ist." basically saying: no standard mail client installed/configured.

Edited by pagefault