Novice Signature Tutorial

Doctor

For those of you whom may need it, I just wrote this really quickly on how to open a render:

Goto file>open, then select your render. After that, goto image>resize and resize it accordingly. Then use the selct tool (top right of the toolbar) and select the render. Hit ctrl+c (or edit>copy) and then goto file>new. Specify the size (this tutorial uses 300x100), then using the layer box in the bottom right hand corner click on the button "new layer" (looks like a little paper with a + sign) then hit ctrl+p (or edit>paste)

holyknightrl8.png

^ Made with Paint.NET

For those of you whom may need it, I just wrote this really quickly on how to open a render:

Goto file>open, then select your render. After that, goto image>resize and resize it accordingly. Then use the selct tool (top right of the toolbar) and select the render. Hit ctrl+c (or edit>copy) and then goto file>new. Specify the size (this tutorial uses 300x100), then using the layer box in the bottom right hand corner click on the button "new layer" (looks like a little paper with a + sign) then hit ctrl+p (or edit>paste)

holyknightrl8.png

^ Made with Paint.NET

• 2 weeks later...

well here is mine... um it started out looking like your tutorial says it should.. but then i just like, went on my own and startedmoving layers and yeah messing with the pattern stuff

but srsly thx for the tutorial and the renders website.. this would be my first sig that ive ever made!!!!

this is the second thing ive made using paint.net... first thing were the wiisabers

alittle big i know..the one i made first for my brother, more along the lines of the tutorial

kylessig.png

the one i made for myself

Mikesig2.png

Mikesig2smaller.png

well here is mine... um it started out looking like your tutorial says it should.. but then i just like, went on my own and startedmoving layers and yeah messing with the pattern stuff

but srsly thx for the tutorial and the renders website.. this would be my first sig that ive ever made!!!!

this is the second thing ive made using paint.net... first thing were the wiisabers

alittle big i know..the one i made first for my brother, more along the lines of the tutorial

kylessig.png

the one i made for myself

Mikesig2.png

Mikesig2smaller.png

I am the Noob as n00b comes ! Finally the search button came in really handy and look what I found !

I am sure gonna try this out seriously and hopefully I will have the siggy making down pat! yay!

Thanks Doctor .. I will get back with my efforts , the comments and sample work is very encouraging !

Well I just came after reading a post which had a discussion on sub par tuts .. why not make a list of tuts which really ace ? like obviously this one ? Like some thing Hall of Fame for the tutorials ? :mrgreen:

We are GOD's finest creation, so we strive to create OUR own finest.

I am the Noob as n00b comes ! Finally the search button came in really handy and look what I found !

I am sure gonna try this out seriously and hopefully I will have the siggy making down pat! yay!

Thanks Doctor .. I will get back with my efforts , the comments and sample work is very encouraging !

Well I just came after reading a post which had a discussion on sub par tuts .. why not make a list of tuts which really ace ? like obviously this one ? Like some thing Hall of Fame for the tutorials ? :mrgreen:

We are GOD's finest creation, so we strive to create OUR own finest.

Well, I'm kinda new to graphics programs..(I've fiddled around w/ Photoshop's Trial and a bit of Paint.NET)...

Here's my go at it.

I took out a few layers..including that one layer where you crop out pieces using the magic wand and the cloud render..and a few other things. I did mess with brightness/contrast a bit, and also added in some "highlights" on her ribbon and hair.

TifainChurch.png

This is the one I did before Tifa..I don't think its as good, but here goes anyways. (I didn't understand your tutorial as well in this one..so I don't think its as good.) "Highlights" on both of their hair, and on Cloud's Lion Head.

cloudkadaj.png

Well, I'm kinda new to graphics programs..(I've fiddled around w/ Photoshop's Trial and a bit of Paint.NET)...

Here's my go at it.

I took out a few layers..including that one layer where you crop out pieces using the magic wand and the cloud render..and a few other things. I did mess with brightness/contrast a bit, and also added in some "highlights" on her ribbon and hair.

TifainChurch.png

This is the one I did before Tifa..I don't think its as good, but here goes anyways. (I didn't understand your tutorial as well in this one..so I don't think its as good.) "Highlights" on both of their hair, and on Cloud's Lion Head.

cloudkadaj.png

• 3 months later...
Here is my go at it.

VegitoTag.png

You might want to throw your name in there somewhere.

One thing I didn't like about your tutorial is how you said sigs that are 400x150 are a "no no." I found that size to be the perfect size when making sigs. I made my sig using that size and I doesn't look bad so I can't understand why you said that (maybe because a smaller size means less empty space but you can get around that.)

Other that that, this tutorial is great. I especially like the effects you gave with the clouds effect. I also think it's great how you did it step by step for anyone to understand.

halosigfinaltv0.jpg

Here is my go at it.

VegitoTag.png

You might want to throw your name in there somewhere.

One thing I didn't like about your tutorial is how you said sigs that are 400x150 are a "no no." I found that size to be the perfect size when making sigs. I made my sig using that size and I doesn't look bad so I can't understand why you said that (maybe because a smaller size means less empty space but you can get around that.)

Other that that, this tutorial is great. I especially like the effects you gave with the clouds effect. I also think it's great how you did it step by step for anyone to understand.

halosigfinaltv0.jpg

Really nice tutorial, this is my first time using paint.net really and this is what i came up with... more of a banner for a new site i am thinking of than a signature, but still.

illidanbannerwp0.jpg

Thanks again for the awesome tutorial!

tacepdnsigmq6.jpg