How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Strange Attractors v1.1.3 - August 8th, 2014

Hi Sasha - there are few 'teething problems' with this version (1.0.6) at the moment.

But, the idea is that you either move some of the sliders or click the randomize button then after about 30 seconds it will show you the image created - if you like it press ok. - or you can change the colours. Nothing to draw and no source image... and some settings won't give a result. But it is definitely worth trying when TR sorts the 'bug' out. ;)

• Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Sasha - thanks for the error message I will try to duplicate the error and fix. Sorry for the inconvenience. But it should yield nice results if you listen to Red's advice. From the error message I'd say dont click on anything else until it finishes rendering. I will fix later today - right before I do the video.

Red  - thanks for helping out.

Edited by TechnoRobbo
  • Upvote 1

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Hi @Sasha - I wonder if you're using v4 ? I got a crash or two, on v3, but I ignored the prompt to restart PDN and then everything was OK. It does take time (when you get it to stop crashing, that is) to 'render' .... you have to be patient and sometimes you do get a very small pin prick and nothing else. Just have to keep trying the sliders

every which way.  Good luck :)

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you Pixey for your help also. I am now back on 3.5.11 for now. And after Five crashes & no restarts, Ten clumps of hair pulled out and One full swear box later, I managed to create this :)

NewLife_zpsd4644547.png

Also heading for my gallery. 

• Upvote 2

swIFX9v.png

I agree, some very nice pics :)

Great fun to play around with Techno. I created this by stretching the result right off the canvas with move selection, then added a little bit of your scatter.

woah_zpse5af8e68.png

Thanks for your creativity in plugin writing. :)

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

Version 1.08 Uploaded  Introduces Auto-Redo to insure a useable render everytime.

Auto Redo identifies a bad render and restarts the process until a good image is rendered.

Turn Off Auto-Redo to do manual settings

4th algorithm added

StrangeAttractorMenu.png?raw=1

Edited by TechnoRobbo
  • Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

I like the new version (1.0.8) - watched it make 8 attempts at algorithm D - got something on the 9th!

Seems to be a time saver - good idea & no crashes!

Are successful settings and render time dependant upon canvas/selection size?

(If not, it may be worth adding the ability to export an xml of the settings used? - and possibly even share them in this thread? - just a thought.)

Many of the results seem to be rotationally symmetrical - could that be a way to save time? (haven't looked at the code yet).

Also there seems to be much more detail in the images than immediately strikes the eye. Perhaps some of the attempts I had written off (with just a couple of bright pixels), may contain 'hidden' patterns.

as rendered: http://i.imgur.com/ZuesS6M.png

after altering: http://i.imgur.com/kxs2qVn.png

• Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Are successful settings and render time dependant upon canvas/selection size?

Yes completely dependent since it's a roving point carving out an image.

Your example is an excellent pointer for all users. 

BTW , your the one who got me thinking about the Auto-Redo- reps to you!

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Version 1.1.0 adds 2 new complex algorithms and form transparency - extra sliders

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46hl3ng6d063nv3/Algorithme.png?raw=1

Algorithm E

Complex algorithms have more adjustments and take longer to achieve a successful render

Edited by TechnoRobbo
  • Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1