Chromakey ability

Oneshot

Are you looking for a chrome-like gradient or a liquid chrome effect?

Maybe you can post an example of what you are trying to achieve.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

No, I believe he means removing a particular color from the image, like a green-screen effect.

If you're looking to remove a block of color, than the Magic Wand could come in handy. If you're looking to remove the value of that color from the image (like The GIMP's Color-To-Alpha effect), there is nothing I know of comparable at this time.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Oh. I see.

Does Paint.net have chromakey ability?

I thought he might have been just another new user who couldn't spell. Hehe.

Doesn't BoltBait have a plugin that strips the primary color?

So you could just select the background as your primary color and run Boltbaits plugin...

I am looking for the plugin now.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Chromakey is actualy the ability to "REMOVE" a color from a picture.

Example simplified:

If you were to take a picture of anything against a "GREEN or BLUE" material (cromakey color material), you would be able to edit that color out of the picture.

Now that may not seem like its worth much BUT then you could take the picture "without" the colored background and paste it into a background picture or what ever you want.

I hope that has helped.

More detailed explination here:

http://www.seanet.com/~bradford/bluscrn.html

You can get mixed results from this:

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/delcolor

If you are trying to get rid of Red, Green, or Blue you will have good results.

If you are trying to get rid of Cyan, Magenta, or Yellow you will ge "meh" results.

If you are trying to get rid of White (or any color not on the color wheel's edge) you will get bad results.

The Chroma Key process is based on the Luminance key. In a luminance key, everything in the image over (or under) a set brightness level is "keyed" out and replaced by either another image, or a color from a color generator.

Ok, you probably want this then: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2178

Or, you could learn how to use the magic wand and the delete key. :D

You're welcome. Which part of my advice was the most useful to you?

Finding the "Possable" tools to do the job.

Unfortunitly, I'm not having much luck with any of them :(

I took a few red pieces of paper and placed an object on them and took a picture. Then I used the primary color remover and it worked but rather than having just a picture of the object without the background, I had a grey background also. I just want the object, nothing else. Any Ideas?

I have to wonder whats so hard about removing "1" color from a picture? It can't be rocket science. :roll:

Hitman-x-: I'm involved with Mechwarrior4 and with the WE guys, but COD is not me :)

WE do have a ventrilo server.

http://www.warlordsofearth.com/

OK, the best thing to do in your case is to simply use the magic wand to select the red area and press the delete key.

Play with the tolerance until you select just the area you want when you click the red area. I would guess around 20%.

When you see the checkerboard pattern, you know that is the transparent area of your image. Save as GIF and you should be all set.

Thanks, that did it.

Its a little tedious, but it will do the trick for now.

That was just a test. It didn't work that well because of the reflectivness of the item in the picture. It picked up the reflection of the red background. Black may be a good option for reflective items.

Thank you again for your help.