Asking How to: Transparent background...?

post-136219-0-26061900-1401048102_thumb.

I'm trying to work with borders on my current project.

The autumn leaves border is perfect when I add it into PDN, the background is transparent. All I see are the leaves and can easily maneuver them over my previous layers without blocking anything.

The Snowflake border is the problem. The background is white; a huge white rectangle. Is there a utility or plug-in that can remove the white but leave the colored snowflakes? I am trying to avoid hours of zooming in 700% with the eraser tool which I have done on a previous project. Any advice?

post-136219-0-83147600-1401047361_thumb.

post-136219-0-69987400-1401047350_thumb.

Hello @Kraftykitten and Welcom to PDN. Yes, there is a plugin to kill color.  This is the Plugin Index and this is the Grim Color Reaper in which you can choose the color you want to kill.  Hope this does the trick for you :).

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I advocate for the AlphaSpace plugin when the background is a flat black or white.  The plugin is a little more user friendly to newbs than GCR.

Welcome to the forum kraftykittenz! :)

I hope the last two letters of your username indicate that you're a fellow Kiwi?

Thank you all for your advice and welcomes!

Now, I certainly AM a newb and I appreciate your patience and advice...When I click on the download, it saves it as a zip file in my downloads - if I click on the .dll and ask it to open with PDN, it says it isn't recognized or something like that. How the heck do I add these plugins to my PDN so I can use them?

I hope the last two letters of your username indicate that you're a fellow Kiwi?

Sorry, EER. I'm a born and bred Yankee in the States.

I had three cats that "helped" with my crafting projects. So to name my Etsy shop, I decided that my kittens were crafty and opted for alliteration using "k"s and a "z" in place of the "s". ;) It made sense to me at the time because I'm just weird like that.

Hi fellow cat-lover :) .  When you unzip the plugin you have to put the .dll into the Paint.NET 'Effects' folder. 

Go to - Computer - Program Files - Paint.NET - Effects - and 'plonk' it in there.  Good luck :D .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Pixey - thank you SO very much...I haven't worked with Zipped files for a few years and totally forgot what to do. Your refresher was very helpful! Thanks everyone!

Here's the finished product - GCR with a brightness/contrast adjustment and voila! EXACTLY what I needed! THANK YOU!!

post-136219-0-21048900-1401063265_thumb.

Edited by kraftykittenz