How to cut & move a Pic

Traci S

I've been searching here & sorry if I missed it but can't find my answer.

I want to take this pic

TigersTESTER_zps5a7d154d.png

I want to move at least the tiger head behind the white tiger somewhere. I will then be making the pic in a circle figure with a transparent background of the outer circle. I know how to do the cirlce & the transparent. I do not know how to cut & move. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Traci S,

So you want to move one tiger behind the other? Ok, well, first make a new layer. Go to the bottom layer. Now, there are a couple of ways you can cut things out. If you're careful, you can use the lasso tool. Simply drag around the tiger, then Ctrl+x, go to the top layer and ctrl+v. If you like, you could try using the magic wand tool, but it might be a bit tricky to do with the stripes.

Once you've put that where you want it, you'll need to erase the bits that overlap. Then, to clean up the image, hide the top layer, and then you can use the clone stamp tool to clean up the background. Then show the tiger again, and if you like, you can flatten the image and do what you wanted afterwards.

Have a nice day. :)

• Upvote 1

signature.png

:cookie-chocolate: I baked another one...

Well I tried that but I'm not so crafty with my hands to get it just right. Thank you for the instructions on how to do this. I will start off with something not so complicated & work my way up from there.

• Upvote 1

Hello. :)

For your tiger, I would suggest duplicating the layer then cutting the tiger's head out. To cut out the tiger's head, you could try looking over the techniques in this mini tut :  http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28305-mini-tuts/?p=409110

Then use the rectangle or ellipse selection tools and the move selected pixels tool to move the head where you want it.