MikeRobe

The Comedy Thread

Sorry, but this one's too true to be funny...

remember.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Being a bit of an amateur etymologist (sad I know) but technically both of them are true for the UK. 

Shakespeare can be partly attributed to the demise of the use of Fall in the UK, ( possibly Chaucer much earlier)

When the New World was developing it fell out of favour here and it stems from the old english word Feallan

Gonna crawl back into my box now

• Like 2

Tomorrow morning, I might wake up early and go for a run.

Tomorrow morning, I might wake up early and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:05 AM, welshblue said:

Being a bit of an amateur etymologist (sad I know) but technically both of them are true for the UK. 

Shakespeare can be partly attributed to the demise of the use of Fall in the UK, ( possibly Chaucer much earlier) 

When the New World was developing it fell out of favour here and it stems from the old english word Feallan 

Gonna crawl back into my box now

Gees another thing you blame us Yanks for!  An' just so you will know, I have read the books of Shakespeare and Dr. Watson and I tried Chaucer but the words were spelled funny - type setters error most likely.   So, Set that in your bath water and smok...oops lost the old train of thought...again

Well, cat.jpg so to make up for it .

HERE

499240873_cornmaze(1).thumb.jpg.e14c622bf0f27ed0cc91dea9d5609fd6.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Scooter said:

Gees another thing you blame us Yanks for! 

Nah not at all.  There's too many Welsh people I haven't finished hating to start on any other nationalities ... 

742707d4d3c50c1b9bf86618d1e72128.jpg

• Like 1

quitting.jpg

2 days 5 hrs 32 minutes ...

Although not sure which is safest - smoking or giving up.  I'm on Champix tablets and they give you really really weird dreams.

Last night I was being attacked by a wolf with an axe ... and woke up when my wife battered me for biting her on the neck

... the swollen lip would make a cigarette uncomfortable today, so maybe the tablets do work ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, welshblue said:

2 days 5 hrs 32 minutes ...

Although not sure which is safest - smoking or giving up.  I'm on Champix tablets and they give you really really weird dreams.

Last night I was being attacked by a wolf with an axe ... and woke up when my wife battered me for biting her on the neck

... the swollen lip would make a cigarette uncomfortable today, so maybe the tablets do work ?

Eeeek...good for you! However, be careful with that medication. It can mess you up severely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

However, be careful with that medication. It can mess you up severely.

Too late for that.  That unicorn trotted by years ago ?  (And thanks.. I'm determined to do it this time)

Rick's Post Here got me thinking ... is it an age thing or a man pride thing about instructions ?

diy-flat-pack-flatpacks-do-it-yourself-h

• Like 2

A chicken and an egg were lying in bed and the egg says, " Huh, I guess we know the answer to that question now!"

• Like 1