Paint.NET vs paint.net

15 members have voted

1. 1. What look do you prefer for the name?

• Paint.NET
    • paint.net

Just a bit of fun for a Saturday morning, but I was just wondering what prompted the name design from the mixture of upper and lower case, to the all lower case. Perhaps Rick can shed some light.

Put a poll in for fun. Personally, I prefer Paint.NET :)

Hello @Zoom - FYI .... have you read the rules?  See them here and especially rule #21

Having said that ....... I too like Paint.NET as well wink.gif   

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I was going to remove this poll, but decided to let it run.

Capitalization can be a problem in different situations. Consider starting a sentence with 'paint.net'. It just looks wrong. So you whack on a capital p. Now you have 'Paint.net'. That looks better. Except that its not now all lower case. Does paint.net = Paint.net or not?

I personally think 'Paint.NET' covers all situations nicely. It's what I tend to use.

• Upvote 1

At one point, I read a thread here on these forums where someone (I think Rick himself) said the official name is Paint.NET because the program is developed on the .NET Framework.  For your curiosity, you might find the Wikipedia page about paint.net interesting : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint.NET

• Upvote 1

Hello @Zoom - FYI .... have you read the rules?  See them here and especially rule #21

Having said that ....... I too like Paint.NET as well wink.gif   

I was going to remove this poll, but decided to let it run.

Capitalization can be a problem in different situations. Consider starting a sentence with 'paint.net'. It just looks wrong. So you whack on a capital p. Now you have 'Paint.net'. That looks better. Except that its not now all lower case. Does paint.net = Paint.net or not?

I personally think 'Paint.NET' covers all situations nicely. It's what I tend to use.

Apologies for the rule break, but I guess the poll has turned out to be quite useful as it is clear the preference (so far) is for Paint.NET - Hopefully Rick will take note and consider keeping version 4 and upwards as Paint.NET :)

Seeing how the caps of Paint.NET actually have a point and meaning behind them (.NET Framework), I'm sure it will stay as is. :)

Not to mention, where I heard about the official name it was on a topic exactly about a naming question for new versions of the software to have .net vs keeping .NET, and that's when someone answered stating the official name and why it's name is what it is. Sorry I can't find and quote it, I read it when I was surfing through paint.net's forums/blog a while ago.