ScifiGirls gallery

ScifiGirl

[Deep bass voice from the background] "See the Planet Pachyderm! rise over Raging Elephants! trampling poor widdle budgies... [panicked people screams fading out] Eeewww! 

e1eb136c.gif

SERIOUSLY:  Great Job!

I understand the duel focus question; is it art? or realism?  could go ether way.  Your choice is, by definition, the correct one.

The idea of night scene is integrating as well.  Your darkening of the elephants is a great way to meet the light/dark variation in the two pictures. Over all, top drawer.

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

I did have one version which was even darker, I might try that again Johnny. What do curves do? I've not tried that :D

Scooter!!!!!!!!!! RFLMAO! I did some research on landscape photography, looked over dozens of great photos and wondered "How did they do that?" Then I perused through a photography forum...simple. Two or more pics of the same scene at different focal points, then merged together :D so yeah, I think I made the right choice :)

Thank you both :)

• Upvote 1

NewCatesiggy_zps1bc90d52.jpg

"Geek is me"

thank you so much Seerose and Barbie., That photo, despite how it may look easy to do, cut paste, erase etc, was actually quite hard to do. I spent a few hours on it getting it right, especially the colours and blending the background.

This one was totally for fun. I was watching "Memphis Belle" last week with my fiance and I was inspired by the artwork on the front of the aeroplanes. Charlie suggested I do one from another era and so I was looking at Vietnam photos. So this is my version and I did try to 'age' the photo as well.

B52-3_zpsc7646558.jpg

"Geek is me"

Hey, that is a cool idea. I like what you did and the aging of the photo looks good.

I'm not sure what the original images are, but if you cut that girl out, then I have to say, you did a real pretty job with it.

The only thing I would suggest, is maybe do a test with lowering the opacity of the girl. Having the texture of the plane show through just a tad might add to the effect, and she might look more fluent with the plane and "painted" on. Then again, it might turn out looking bad or ruin how the girl looks, so again, I'm only suggestion to “test”, as it may or may not enhance the look you are after.

Overall, great image merge, this one requires a double take to spot the spots that have been shopped. B)

Thank you CC, love your suggestions as I did want to make her(me actually lol) look more painted on. I tried doing the opacity thing, it didn't come out quite as I expected. The cutting out was HARD! Lol. As originally it was on a pink background. If you zoom in, you might see some evidence of that. The aeroplane is a stock USAF B52 photo off the web.

"Geek is me"

Haha, yeah, cutting out images can be very hard. I'm always learning of new ways to go about doing it. I've shown you the one way with alpha mask, but then there's all the other ways I briefed on, which ended up in the mini tuts thread (in case you missed it, this is the mini tut thread http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28305-mini-tuts/). Since every picture and project is different, which way is the best way to cut out objects varies per image.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

This one was totally for fun. I was watching "Memphis Belle" last week with my fiance and I was inspired by the artwork on the front of the aeroplanes. Charlie suggested I do one from another era and so I was looking at Vietnam photos. So this is my version and I did try to 'age' the photo as well.

The combination works really well.  I like the image. Nice work on the finished product! h6mla7uf.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Looks great, SFG!  But I'd encourage you to look at photos of pinups from that time period; they tended to use higher-contrast, more illustrated-style images on the sides of their planes.  For instance:

b29-nose-art-the-outlaw.jpg

See, yours is an excellent choice, but it looks too photorealistic.  Try cartoonifying it :-)

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

CC, SeeRose and David. Thank you all for you lovely comments and inspiration. I really appreciate it. :)

David, I did try both the 'oil painting' and 'pastel', it didn't look so good so I scrapped that idea. I did look over more recent stuff, from 1966 onwards and a few of those, were more or less photo impressions rather than straight out artworks. Though I will admit the artworks (even today) were still in the majority.

"Geek is me"

post-16-1114013870.gif wow2.gif  27b255bf.gif woo_hoo.gif  yourock.gif    smiley-happy0961_zps233a140f.gif

Oh bye the bye, I really like it, as well.  

The rocks at the base of the (deep base voice here) STAAR GAAAATE and the buffalo is spectacular. The color of the two elements is dead on. The blur of the speeding flyers is  fast.  You can almost hear the thunder of the hooves as they charge 

Knowing you work very hard on your creations, I'll mention a small thing, that may have slipped your notice as you created your work. The buffalo element shows at the extreme left two BB's (buffalo butts). If thay could be removed, the "look" of the buffs would be all concentrated into the gate.  

In the last two of your creations, you seem the have developed an affinity for Buffs i.e., buffalos  ( the B-52 is unofficially called a "buff" , tho  that is an acronym -big ugly fat fellow (this, the clean version for girls of a certain young age d14214cb.gif )  b9d093d7.gif

Good Work on both 

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Helen - the movie, or the TV series?  Because if you just saw the movie, you didn't even come close to seeing the good stuff.  :-)  It's all on Amazon Prime right now.  The viewing order is here, and it really is recommended to watch it that way.

You are totally in for a treat.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Thank you Helen :)

I got hooked on Stargate through my parents. I was too young to stay up when it was on, but around 2002, they started buying the DVD's :) Still hooked, I sometimes have marathons with it. Atlantis is awesome to, can't say a lot about SGU tho Lol...

Mottoman, thank you. Its not anywhere as easy as photoshop and I still struggle, but yeah, you do need patience. Still the eraser is the worst for me, it's not the best for this kind of work.

Edited by ScifiGirl

"Geek is me"

can't say a lot about SGU tho Lol...

:arrow-upleft: As you may have noticed  :arrow-down: , I loved SGU.  It was excellent, well-written, well-paced, and I wish it hadn't ended so soon.  I still find myself wondering what would've happened.

Yes, it was different.  But without different, we don't get masterpieces like Stargate in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Very cool new pictures. I love how well you merged the background images together. It looks like something you would see on a poster. :)

For the version with the people though, they look neat, but I personally feel the edges of the people/object are quite blurry. The people look kind of like holograms because of it, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to.

Either way, nice job, keep up the good work. ;)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1