Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Mini-tuts - Discussion

Well done Pixey. Long term users of PDN & forumers have often been accused of not sharing information & skills. This just proves them wrong yet again. I just realised that in your yourtube of how you made Halle,(link in your sig) I noticed you use a lot of Smudge. The way you use it is like a soft brush. Gosh you are clever. Is there a way to slow down the playback? It is so intriguing & relaxing to watch art being created.

Thanks so much for sharing Pixey :D 

Thanks so much @BBQ :) .  Alas, there is no way to slow down that particular video, but perhaps I'll make another one sometime and make it slower :D .

Two new mini-tuts grace our board today!  First, Cc4FH pulls in her second mini-tut showing us how to make transparent layer "windows", while Humility becomes our first self-answerer to be promoted to mini-tut status with an intriguing method to digitally "ink" a pencil drawing.  Enjoy!

Mini Tutorial By Eli.
Remove simple backgrounds with the Replace Color Plugin -- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32538-change-the-background-step-by-step-to-a-portrait/?p=433872

EDIT
In that thread, there were several suggestions and tips. I re-compiled some of them into a more step by step order. 
These steps can help to remove simple backgrounds and cut out subjects with hair or fur : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32538-change-the-background-step-by-step-to-a-portrait/?p=434564

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Eli has some nice and simple mini tuts :

There is another way to produce Circle text...using the Polar Transformation effect :

1. Type your text on a transparent layer. ( I streched it )
2. Add some horizontal lines above and below.
3. Center everything.
4. Use the Polar Transformation effect with the following settings: Choose in the effect " Transform rectangular to polar"
5. Adjust the size using the "Scale" option.

circular-watermark-4f6a0cb.png

Hello Atlas,

You can make it this way:

1. Create a square canvas.
2. Make a horizontal selection in the middle and color the inside using the Gradient tool.
3. Use the Polar Transformation effect and check Transform Rectangular to Polar.

gradient-ring-4f75147.png

• Upvote 3

I second Cc4FuzzyHuggles's submission for Eli's mini tuts....I was thinking the same thing!     :)

Me too :)