[Request/suggestion] Plugin for long shadows

Might I also suggest Outline Object by pyrochild which is an indispensable plugin. (It comes only in a plug-in package but all his plugins are worth it downloading individually so this will just save you some time)

The problem with Trail is you wont be able adjust the color of your shadow. 

However, what is possible is to run Outline Object once with "Width" all the way up (and with angle selected of course) and then run Trail as it will only affect the "added shadow" that you've given with Outline Object. **You can do multiple repeats of both or either until you attain the desired length as with one use only you may not be able to.

Cheers B)

SigSpec2.png

@Spectre,

Nope. I found way with colored shadows for trails. Just need to make 3 layers:
1. Background

2. Thing that you need to make shadowed with color of shadow.

3. Thing that you need to make shadowed with normal color.

And do trail with second layer.

Simple! And for me it better than outline. I tried with it.

Edited by Paj

Glad you got it worked out Paj. B)

@ david.atwell - Thanks for the typo correction, I always have a problem with where the I should go. :lol:

No problem.  Not trying to be pedantic, I just didn't want Paj to think it was a trial plugin that they would have to pay for later.  :)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@Spectre,

Nope. I found way with colored shadows for trails. Just need to make 3 layers:

1. Background

2. Thing that you need to make shadowed with color of shadow.

3. Thing that you need to make shadowed with normal color.

And do trail with second layer.

Simple! And for me it better than outline. I tried with it.

Indeed, a perfectly adequate solution for what you were aiming to do I'm sure. However, if the object you want to shadow (using the Trail plugin) is something other than a solid color image then it will be difficult to achieve the same results in which case the alternative method might come in handy.

Either way, there are both very useful plugins with different nuances that will in some situations allow you to create similar effects. Just wanted to offer another tool to fit in your arsenal. Have fun!

Cheers B)

..I just didn't want Paj to think it was a trial plugin that they would have to pay for later.   :)

that's rich haha, I can picture someone making that very assumption, free program but pay for add-ons (plugins etc) after a limited time use.

SigSpec2.png