Debating to download the Photoshop filter plug-in

KellyJ13

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be worth it to download the Photoshop plug-in? 

I would like to find out what are your favorite Photoshop plug ins?

Please let me know,

Thank You

It depends on what you want to do.

I have found through experience that a lot of what Photoshop can do, Paint.NET come darn close, and if there's not a plug-in available, there's usually someone *cough* Technorob *cough* who is more than willing to create a plug-in.  There's also always workaround in Paint.NET to overcome what Photoshop does through Layer Styles and other Filters.

Perhaps if you would give us an example, we could tell you what you are after.

What I was looking for is something that will create a wet look to an object. 

Clip warp isn't working with the new Paintnet 4.0 and TR's Displacement Map distorts the color too much and I end up with a blobby mess. 

What I'm trying to do is make a lipstick print appear to be wet/glossy. 

Thanks for your help.

Actually, come to think of it, BB's Bevel Object might work. I will post the results here when I'm done and you all can tell me what you think.

What I was looking for is something that will create a wet look to an object. 

Clip warp isn't working with the new Paintnet 4.0 and TR's Displacement Map distorts the color too much and I end up with a blobby mess. 

What I'm trying to do is make a lipstick print appear to be wet/glossy. 

Thanks for your help.

I did a quick Google search and came across a Photoshop Elements tutorial (Link), and if you use the search to find High Pass plug-in (it is found by the author Cookie), and it would appear you can use the adjustments tool already bundled with Paint.NET 4.0 beta.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw

I hate to tell you this but I don't have a filter menu.....did I miss something when I downloaded my plug-ins?

Here is a rough draft of what I have so far of this project using the effects of paint.net only. Please let me know what you think I should do to improve this.

The project: I had this idea of a vampiress that will leave her victims smiling and mostly unhurt :biggrin:.

&***&^%$#*

Sorry I'm having some technical difficulties with Photobucket. Will post pic as soon as I get this issue fixed.

You can upload images directly to the forum. Just hit the "more reply options" button below the post. (Don't use it for tutorials or pictorium galleries though)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Here's my image!

This was just a fun idea because it was a bit challenging to make the bite appear realistic (there's still room for improvement). Remember this is jus a rough draft.

post-91094-0-42607200-1397049824_thumb.j