Some of my art done w/paint.net

jaybeemz

This is my first post. Uh,let's see,I downloaded paint.net,some years ago. I just dabbled with it off,and,on the first couple years. I also had a graphics tablet,which,I ordered from the net. I wasn't comfortable using the tablet in the beginning.Eventually ,I got somewhat used to it. I've got a couple of public / free software for drawing and photo editting,Artweaver ,and, GIMP. Out of the 3 I have,I use paint.net the most. I haven't used all of the bells ,and,whistles,but,I do make pictures with it. Here's one.Lucille_Ball.png

• Upvote 1

h6mla7uf.gif Oh, those are so beautiful!  Really nice works. You're very welcome. Thank you very much! wt7suwk6.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Nice.  I especially like the 60's era looking woman.  Brilliant job on her hair.

Serious drawing skills.  I'm envious

Thank you very much,since I can't afford programs like Photoshop,I believe I can achieve just as much with paint.net. My knowledge with paint.net is still limited. I use paint.net a lot,maybe,I'll look into plugins to give me more features.

The first one reminds me of Lucille Ball. Love her!

I happy that I've got Lucille Ball's likeness down enough for anybody to recognize her. It's a caracature of Ms Ball. Thanks.

Nice drawings. I still can't get used to my drawing tablet but mine doesn't have a screen so it's mostly hand-eye from it to the pc screen which is tough for me to grasp. Do you use one with the screen on it so you can see where the pen is on the image?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I don't have one of those High tech screen tablets. Just a standard graphic tablet with a stylus pen. It's not even an established name brand either. Just a nice affordable Chinese model. I know what you mean about the hand eye coordination too. I was thinking of just giving up trying to use my tablet,but,then I thought,how really hard it was using a mouse to draw a picture while looking at the screen.

Very nice works here, great use of colour and detail. Image #2 has some nice curves going on there. Good start here B)

BREtKQW.png

Very nice details and great drawing skills. Good work on the cheekbones on the second one...how'd you do it?

Very nice details and great drawing skills. Good work on the cheekbones on the second one...how'd you do it?

I've been messing around with drawing from about 5yrs old. When I draw,I don't know,I just draw,sometimes it goes along easy,and,other times it's frustrating. My training is from the school of trial and error. Enough of that,stuff,ha ha,Thank you very much for the comments and the compliments.

Besides drawing people,I've also done pictures of cars,aircraft,and,whatever else I get a urge to draw. here's a pic of one of my car drawings. unfinished.jpg

Very fiendish looking sports car.

I drew non stop until the end of high school and I was never able to master a car like you've shown here. What I especially admire aside from your obvious artistic talent is your seamless and consistent use of shading/lighting in all your pics.

Hand drawn images (or any other type for that matter) can often fall flat due to irregular or simple non existent shading and you seem to have a fairly decent grasp on it so coodos my friend.

At the risk of sounding picky however, I did notice that on the Audi that you added what I'm supposing are treads on the front tires but not the back one. And...the woman holding the champagne bottle has four fingers that are practically all the same length. Those two tiny points aside, there's not really a single thing to get fussy about as your offerings are so far all very impressive and seem to carry your own signature style.

Already looking forward to more from you good sir.

B)

Edited by Spectre

SigSpec2.png

Thanks for being picky,ha ha, and,pointing out my flaws in my work. I believe I can draw,but,I do realize I'm not an artistic genius. One of the hardest things for me in general, is to improve my drawing skills. I usually draw on paper,and,work out ideas,and,to practice. I draw on paper at times,but,with some of the stuff I do,I draw directly on my tablet. It's not easy to get some subtlties down,and,at times paying attention to details tend to get missed. Or,somtimes,I just get impatient,and,don't put in as much as I should in my work. Thanks again,and,I'll post some more of work.

Impressive skills Jaybeemz!   Any of these selfies?

Those are some beautiful drawings. I love the sketchy (no pun intended) look to your works. LOVE the car and airplane. Hmmm...for some reason, I always loved to play with cars when I was younger. I still like to see drawings of cars and planes. Nice job, by the way.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Those are some beautiful drawings. I love the sketchy (no pun intended) look to your works. LOVE the car and airplane. Hmmm...for some reason, I always loved to play with cars when I was younger. I still like to see drawings of cars and planes. Nice job, by the way.

Thanks for the comments. I still have problems when using a graphics tablet. At times my stuff will look scratchy or it will look like it has furry edges. Mostly draw freehanded on the tablet anyway.

Wow!  Wonderful works you have here.  I love the colouring and the emphasis of high lights on the model's cheeks.  That car is awesome.  Obviously, it helps to be an artist.  I mistakenly thought that buying a fancy tablet would help with my drawings.  Nope - I'm back to using a mouse.  Great work - congratulations B) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Wow!  Wonderful works you have here.  I love the colouring and the emphasis of high lights on the model's cheeks.  That car is awesome.  Obviously, it helps to be an artist.  I mistakenly thought that buying a fancy tablet would help with my drawings.  Nope - I'm back to using a mouse.  Great work - congratulations B) .

Thanks so much.

Jaybeemz strikes yet again with some beautiful images

I'm starting to think that you at least at some point aspired to be a comic book or some other type of professional artist in your life because you work definitely looks the part my friend. You keep showing great imagination and good overall grasp of lighting, color and saturation. Very fond of that "airbrush" feel that you give your images btw.

And, as noteworthy as your vehicle renditions are, what I mostly appreciate is your character art as it really carries a personal flavor that I can't say is like anything I've really seen before. I can easily imagine your style used in a satirical manner while on the flipside it could also carry a more serious tone.

I would be really really curious to see you make an entire set piece someday, more precisely two or more people with complete backdrop etc.. And in the meanwhile, just keep doing what your doing jay.

Cheers B)

SigSpec2.png

Jaybeemz strikes yet again with some beautiful images

I'm starting to think that you at least at some point aspired to be a comic book or some other type of professional artist in your life because you work definitely looks the part my friend. You keep showing great imagination and good overall grasp of lighting, color and saturation. Very fond of that "airbrush" feel that you give your images btw.

And, as noteworthy as your vehicle renditions are, what I mostly appreciate is your character art as it really carries a personal flavor that I can't say is like anything I've really seen before. I can easily imagine your style used in a satirical manner while on the flipside it could also carry a more serious tone.

I would be really really curious to see you make an entire set piece someday, more precisely two or more people with complete backdrop etc.. And in the meanwhile, just keep doing what your doing jay.

Cheers B)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes,I did have hopes on being a cartoonist or at least doing something in the commercial art field. Somehow,though,I couldn't go deeper down that road, The first time a saw a comic book printed by Marvel comics,I really wanted to be the guy who could draw comics like that. Comics overall,had me want to just draw those super heroes. Yeah just a frustrated illustrator in general is all I am now. The other dream I had, when I was a kid,was to design cars and airplanes.