Text in a shape?

Nope.  There are some tools to adjust the kerning and place text on a curve/circle/wave, but nothing to place text within a shape with edge justification like your examples.

I had a look at the source on the example page.  The CSS is creating multiple rectangular selections one line high in order to place and justify the text on a line-by-line basis.  You're probably going to have to do something similar + manually to achieve the effect.

Have a look at these..

Text+

Text Pro

Kerning tool: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/19751-hows-this-for-ui-design-lol/

Yeah, unfortunately anything CSS or html is a foreign language to me. I'm not a techy. Coding, or any form of math, goes way beyond my abilities, haha. That website is talking about CSS, but I don't have a clue what any of it means. Regardless of any coding aspects, that website still had the best examples of the kind of text effect I was hoping we had plugins for.

Since paint.net doesn't have the ability to write text in the form of a shape, I guess I'll request it!

Plugin Request! :D

Can someone please make a plugin that can write text in the form of different shapes?

Circles, ovals, slants, pyramids, hearts, diamonds, etc.

I know it would probably be hard, seeing as how I can't even read coding, but for anyone interested, thanks!
fs3_zps12c45853.jpg

Oooh, I like that.  Thanks for the link, Cc4FH.  I might use that.

Incidentally, I believe that the CSS3 spec has support for something like this.  Not that it helps your situation....:-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Text flow in free form shapes is a complex operation. Typically just available in DTP applications.

We may get this in the future based on the SVG engine used in ImSVG filetype and the path tools effect.

Maybe also vector layers are possible because ImSVG can store the SVG data in the metadata of the layers. And Paint.NET keeps the metadata alive already if you are saving and storing in pdn format.

The missing link here is the offical access to the metadata of the current layer in Effect plugins.

midoras signature.gif