Don't see images

Hello everyone. I'm so glad to have found Paint.net as I recently switched to Vista & my Adobe Photodeluxe won't work right with it. This does everything I need to do. 

The problem is that when I open a file, it just shows little generic thumbnails instead of the actual image. Anybody have an idea what that's about? I'd like to be able to see the images as thumbnails.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum hope7 :)

Let's see if I have this straight; you're opening an image file with Paint.NET and only a small placeholder image is showing up? That does seem odd. To be clear, this is not a problem you're seeing in your file explorer, but actually in the Paint.NET application?

Can you please post a screenshot of the open paint.net editing window showing this?

I would also like to see one of the problem images if you can upload one.

Thanks. Now I can't figure out how to show the screen shot on here.  Yes, it is all images, not just on paint. I just got this computer & not used to it & hadn't noticed that all of my images are those generic thumbnails.

Hello! :)

If you need help on how to upload or post images, please try this tutorial. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12193-how-to-use-images-in-your-posts-signatures-and-avatars/

Also, before you post images, please read though the forum rules. That way you can stick to the image size guidelines, or use thumbnails.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Yes, it is all images, not just on paint. I just got this computer & not used to it & hadn't noticed that all of my images are those generic thumbnails.

This sounds like a file association issue. Try reading this: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-do-i-change-file-extension-associations-in-windows-vista/

Try reassigning one type of image file (say *.JPG) to the Paint.NET application and see if this changes the icon. If it does, double clicking the file should open it with Paint.NET

I'm not sure I fully understand, but maybe you just need to change the view of you're images?  If so, I found this explanation which might help you :

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-music-pictures-video/13270-picture-icons-dont-show-preview-picture.html

Or anytime you are in a folder with images just right click > view > large icons.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles