Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Wood Texture with Realistic Grain - Amendment 1

Honestly @WB - I have no idea how to manage to master the 'steps' in the plugins like this and end up with such realistic textures.  Good functioning brain still up there in the cranium, me thinks.

My doctor reckons the only parts of me worth keeping are my brain and my ankles.  I sometimes doubt the former

A lot of the things I do, especially the textures are accidents.  Playing around I see something I like ... like the amendment at the bottom of the tutorial.then try different plugins to see if they can add to it.  PDN = Play Delete Never give up

Love that outcome Pixey ... very clever thinking.  Reminds me of a Red Cedar stump.  

@ Daniels.  Love the 'old' character you've got in there. Not cheating at all using a texture made in PDN to use in Blender ... amalgamation is a positive thing. Looking forward to what you do

Honestly @WB - I have no idea how to manage to master the 'steps' in the plugins like this and end up with such realistic textures.  Good functioning brain still up there in the cranium, me thinks.

I tried to do a little something different .....

T5mOjHP.png

Nice work! Looks amazing. It looks very close to real. Congrats!

Thanks @LionsDragon  ... there will be a couple of amendments coming to the tutorial when I have time, but glad you found it helpful.  I've seen the ship, nice moody atmosphere in the scene.  Hopefully I'll have time this week to comment in some galleries

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

I'll plump for Clint - Good.  That's a nice texture ... good pyrography ( I had a pyrography tut' on a memory stick somewhere ... worth looking for it ?)

Myself and EER answered in the other thread about CH/S but I think your colouring is pretty spot on ... in fact I like it more than mine