Lasso a pool, blending, tree-trimming and placement etc.

minni

FuzzyHuggles, I see, thanks! Which special effects plugins did you use? If I remember correctly, I think I was searching for the plugins you listed, such as "smudging" etc. etc. but couldn't find them.

To be honest, I didn't use very many plugins for blending the images. Even though at first I suggested quite a few plugins to you, when I actually made my version of the picture, I mainly just used layers, gradient blending, and the clone tool. The plugins I normally use weren't needed very much this time, and the one I did use the most was the one EER suggested, TR's EFX. However, I only used it on small pieces that I made from the clone tool. And that's because the small pieces did need to be blended, but they were too small for gradient blending.

So basically, you would need to become familiar with the gradient tool's "transparency mode" in order to blend the way I did.

Check out this guide on the gradient tool : http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/GradientTool.html

Now, the best way to learn transparency mode is to practice with it. So find a few images, two or more, and have each one on their own layer. Then grab your gradient tool, make sure your colors are on default black and white, then change your gradient mode to transparency. Working on the top layer first, play with your gradient and it's nods/handles, you will see it looks like it's blending with the image on the lower layer. You can also select areas using selection tools, and then gradient within a selection only (this helps preserve parts you don't want to gradient or fade).

Note : I personally always duplicate my images and make my original image invisible and never edit my originals. It's there to duplicate from, copy from, and to preview as a "before". I only do my work on the duplicated layers. This also helps so that if I make an irreversible mistake, it's not the original image that gets ruined. I can then re-duplicate and try again.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make this a long post, however, since you seem interested in plugins, do you know how to use the plugin index?

Because that is what I linked you to previously in order for you to find all the plugins I mentioned. I'll re-post it in case you missed it.

Liquify, Smudge, Basic Antialias, Feather, Feather (old), and AAs assistant.

If you know the name of a plugin, you can find the plugin in the plugin index. However, take note, that many plugins are only available in "packs". So when you click on a plugin from the index, you might end up on a page that talks about other plugins, and the plugin you want will be found amongst them. Some of the plugins I have mentioned are in the same packs, for example both liquify and smudge are in pyrochild's pack.

Here is the plugin index : http://forums.getpai...0-plugin-index/

If you need help navigating the plugin index, I'm sure someone or myself can direct you as needed. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

BTW, if you rendered your signature logo, it's amazing!

Thank you for the complement, yes both my logo and signature are made by me with PDN (paint dot net) and it's plugins.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Wow,  I guess some people take to swimming the sea of art, like a fish takes to water.

I'm too newb to grasp this:

And that's because the small pieces did need to be blended, but they were too small for gradient blending.

and the part about transparent gradient & black/white mode is also baffling.

I assume you cloned the prettier parts of the pool's rim to superimpose on the uglier parts?

But confusing to me, is why the gradient tool was applicable.

I also browsed your Gradient Tool link, with all the gradiated car versions but couldn't grasp it.

Perhaps a video version (if done slow & with close-ups & with narration) would get thru to me.

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

Look, I'm sure anyone else would have been embarrassed to post the below, but hey, here's the pitiful pic. I eventually achieved after hours and hours of fooling around with my very-blurry eyes (they get blurry when viewing fluresence, due to sensitivity caused by autoimmune condition).

The irony:

If I could only get to detox (via Earthing in PULLing MudPool shipped from Salton Sea, or 325mesh bentonite)

...plus Infrared..

.....followed by stem-cells, then maybe my entire anatomy would be in better shape to learn Paint.net!

I actually used Pixlr this time, because Paint.net was occupied with other images, which I did not want to lose.

What was supposed to be here, were TWO POLES with infrared lites strung up on crossbar connected to two poles.

...in my backyard

(Or else - per my O.P. - a crossbar connected to two tall pine trees)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/o0qvq1.jpg

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Linked to image

I'm most comfortable with Advocates of Transparent RepairCare (vs. Stealthcare) no matter their graphic expertise.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

Paint.NET can handle quite a few images at a time.  You would probably have been fine to do this one simultaneously (unless you have a small amount of memory and/or lots of other images open).

Look, I'm sure anyone else would have been embarrassed to post the below, but hey, here's the pitiful pic.

Nothing to be embarrassed of with paint.net, we all had to learn it at some point. Just you wait, paint.net gets better and better the more you use it. The more I learn about it, the more I love it. B)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

FH, I see B) anyway, here's my final ughy version (including the wimpy pic posted previously)

I also have more pics & ideas on similar themes, but which I doubt will ever get professionalized.

- - -

Any suggestions for easily improving the following image?

as easy as Ego Eram's above instructions?

http://oi58.tinypic.com/30kafr5.jpg

Because at this point, i'm forced to detour (busy trying to either figure out Linux, or else attempt to shop for a tolerable Win7 system, due to MS warning they're soon stopping MSE support for XP. Maybe they already did...

Paint.NET can handle quite a few images at a time.  You would probably have been fine to do this one simultaneously (unless you have a small amount of memory and/or lots of other images open).

Firstly, I'm still too dummie to grasp concept of juggling 2 jobs on one App.

Any video demo's on YT geared to dummies on that topic?

Also:

I have 1.7ghz processor + 2gb memory on this particular thinkpad.

For some reason its slow. Could be due to malware, not sure. For example:

Sometimes, when I click the Red X to delete a layer, it just keeps trembling, without deleting it.

So I then click another layer, then go back to previous layer, & double click RedX again. Bingo.

Or else I try to push up the layer (Up-arrow), and again it doesn't cooperate.

And when I click the Arrow to move image around on canvas, it moves like staggering drunk.

Edited by minni

blind_plight_minipic.jpg

Not a bad turnout.

Your you computer spcs gave me a chuckle though, since I too am suffering from terrible memory. 2gb is not fun when working with HD images. X_X

Weird - the different things people chuckle about.  B)  Ironically, what's been causing me to chuckle (in a dry way) is that my aims are on a different track than people assume. Most every other paint student, usually does so aiming for perfect esthetics, so people are assuming that about me. Whereas actually, my main wish is simply to convey pictorial messages (even if only 60% pictorially realistic) as long as it spotlights  the ridiculousness of the status quo, compared to how it could & should be. Better yet, would be audio-video. A song such as "dust in the wind" accompanying eye-opening pics.

I mean, for crying out loud, there's people who have blindness (or headed for AMD like me) yet the creeps in the field are creeping ever so slowly, even though the technology has been there for years. Sins of omission are often  worse than commission.

blind_plight_minipic.jpg