Sign in to follow this  
Pixey

Smudge Tool Error in Beta

I am having trouble with Smudge Tool in the Beta version and attach the error message.  Any advice will be much appreciated :D .

Edit:  Could it possibly be because Smudge is in png format?

smudge_zpsf3e9ddc5.png

Also - Twist & Liquify are causing a paint.net Crash.  The details were too long to email.  I am using Beta v4.0.5168.12074

Edited by Pixey

The 3 you mentioned are working fine for me.

When I first updated to 4.0 and liquify was crashing Pyro' pointed out I hadn't updated to the latest version ... although I thought I had.

Turns out I hadn't. May be worth a try to reinstall those plugins ?

You are perfectly correct @WB - as soon as I reloaded those plugins, it worked fine.  And, I had downloaded the latest Beta from Rick's thread here  so I had assumed it was the 'latest' version :( .  I had thought of trying to do what you suggested, then thought NAH - surely everything would be up-to-date.  Thanks for the suggestion :pizza: .

Pixey, I'm maintaining a list of incompatible plugins here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27661-incompatible-plugins-an-incomplete-list/

I finished the first run-through the Plugin Index last night. There are a handful of plugins I didn't have installed - so I'll get on to checking those this week.

@EER - Thank you so much for all the great things you do on here.  Yup - my bad  slaphead.gif  I noticed, somewhat belatedly, that you had this thread set up.  Hopefully, I won't need to report any more.