How to Install Plugins ×

CustomBrushesMini v2.2

I am very new to adding brushes, and I've been looking for some really good custom ones, if possible can anyone tell me how to install these? I'll like some help via msn messenger; so if your willing to help send me a PM here and I'll exchange my email with you.

Thanks so much

Hey Guys..

I am having a problem with Custom Brushes Mini.

The brushes are not appearing in the custom brushes mini.

Is it .abr files that are recognised by CBM?

I go to effects> tools> CBM

No brushs appear in the right hand panel.

I am pretty new to all this.

Any ideas?

MKhbD.jpg

ycIxJ.jpg

lnqow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to go over the 600 brush size limit? I need to use a bigger brush size, believe it or not. I'm making a screen sized background image, and 600 simply isn't big enough for the brushes that I'm using (Psionic Storm brushes).

In addition, I'm also suffering from the undo button not working on me after the first time.

Edited by Epicphail

Thanks so much for this amazing plug in!

It feels like a miracle ~ (actually it is a miracle) I did it!! The brushes are working now I just need to learn how to use them. :lol: Thank you so much for making the CustomMini and helping us all get it installed. Whew...

:music::star::music::star:

Um....I just tried using it and PDN give me an error.....

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushesMini.dll
	Effect Name: CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect
	Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 211
at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 165
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 372
at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1377

That's the error I get. I have it in the proper folder and I even had the .pdb version in there too. I tried separating them and it still didn't work. I'm running the latest updated version of Vista. I know for a fact this plugin works on my XP desktop, so why isn't it working on my laptop?

Edit: Just tried the good ol' method of deleting and re-adding the files from the original zip. Still not working. All other effects I've downloaded from you and others are working, though. Please help...

Edited by Kirvee

@Simon: AFTER I got the plug-in and put it in its proper folder did I go and start getting brush images to use. I hadn't tested it to see if it worked. It was only after I went in to add some of the brushes I got that I found out it refused to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, the answer to this problem is probably very simple, but how do I make subcategories for my brushes? I read something about putting a "_" in front of the folder, but can't get it to work....Please help...My brushes are far to unorganized for my liking...=(

brokecarsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ahh glad to find this thread.

anyways, my situation is just like GoRoovy.

before having v3.5.5, and having the previous one, *i don't remember that one* the brushes appeared fine. but then now, having the latest version and everything intact, the brushes do not appear once i clicked the "ok" button.

it does show a processing kind of popup message, but afterward, the brushes do not appear but in my history window it shows the action being done.

also, i read the posts in here, but i haven't come across this again besides GoRoovy, so i was wondering if anything has been done about this... or no.

or if simply it's just my computer or paint.net or whatever.

thank you in advance and i'm sorry if this was a *wasted* post.

Edited by bananaxdumpling

• 3 weeks later...