Change a color

Is there a plugin or something that will allow me to change all pixels that match a certain color value to another color value? So let's say I have a picture that has red, green and blue on it. And I want to change every pixel that is blue to yellow. Is there something that can do that? And let's say it's just random noise everywhere so using the wand wouldn't help.

Yup. It's the recolor tool.

Set the tolerance as necessary (if it's only a very specific color you want, use low tolerance) and set the brush size to something large, then color all over everything.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Yup. It's the recolor tool.

Set the tolerance as necessary (if it's only a very specific color you want, use low tolerance) and set the brush size to something large, then color all over everything.

Thank you for the reply. But I'm not sure I understand how this works. Using my example from above, what should the primary and secondary colors be set to? Because so far everything I've tried isn't producing the results I was hoping for.

The secondary color determines what is replaced by the primary color.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Note that the Tolerance setting in the tool bar also has an effect.

Lowering the Tolerance limits the range of hues that will be recolored. In other words, the color will need to be closer to the Secondary color in order to be recolored.