Hide transparent parts in images while editing

Harrison G

Is there a way to hide the checkerboard while editing? I need to be able to see through the clear areas whilst positioning the object,but i cannot find anything on google. This is my image:

post-135244-0-47682000-1392671249_thumb.

Thanks!

Add a new layer, move it to the bottom, and fill it with white. You can delete the layer later when you're done.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

It needs to be positionable (is that even a word?) over colored images. So although your method would work for plain white images, it wont work for what i am trying to do. Sorry about not being more specific.

If, for some reason, you only want to cover a small portion of the checkerboard, then instead of filling the layer with white, make a white square/circle/shape and move that as needed.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Hello.

I also, probably, have such a problem. 

I have a video, where at some point I would like to see an image, appearing in the middle of the right side of the screen. 

Figuratively speaking, I should like to cut (like with scissors) the image along its contour and move it in its purest form onto  the clip. 

My attempts are futile: 

On the screen during playback there arose a rectangle, completely covering a portion of the clip, 

and the image located inside the rectangle with a some background.

I would like to know as well, how to position the image at a desired location on the screen, and how to change the geometrical size of a image (but, maybe, such things need to be done only with a Video Editor but not with the Paint.NET ?)

In addition, how can I download the help file (manual) from the site Paint.NET?

Edited by AAA

1. When you save out the file after you've erased the background, save it with PNG.  The other filetypes don't support partial transparency.

2. Sorry, but the help file isn't currently available for download.  It's available online at http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ .

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Glad to help!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.