transparent background

Hi there i have a question about the transparent background.

I want to make the background of the following image(its a part of my image) transparent but when i use the magic stick the teal colour is gone also.

any idea what i can do?

Best regards hans

post-135187-0-26697200-1392229960_thumb.

Edited by hansw23

You can dial down the Tolerance on the magic wand (it's on the toolbar near the top of the screen).  That will make sure that it only selects the color you click on or very similar colors.  That should be enough for this situation, but if it isn't, you can search on searchpaint.net for "cutting out images" for some more suggestions.

Let us know how things work out for you!

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Anon, unless OP says otherwise, the question has already been answered.  Thanks.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Isn't this the same question you asked over here?

Just continue the discussion in the other thread.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Isn't this the same question you asked over here?

Just continue the discussion in the other thread.

Merged.

hansw23, we all have lives outside of the forum and don't have time to drop everything to answer your question instantly.  Please respect that and don't bump threads (check out the rules for more information on that).

To answer your question, if you switch the magic wand flood mode from "contiguous" to "global," you will select everything on the layer that falls within the magic wand tolerance of the pixel you select.

Alternative:  download and install the AlphaSpace plugin.  You'll find it in the Plugin Index (link in my sig).

Edit:  Link >>  AlphaSpace