Difficultis with Pixel Grid

Inami

Hello, I'm an frequent user of Paint.Net, I loev the program, but I have find a big problem.

I was editing texture for a game I play, Minecraft, and when editing the water texture I found the pixel grid to be a very useful atleast until I started scrolling down the image to edit newer areas.

The grid didn't stay align correctly, first where the horizontel divides were going through the bottoms of the pixels, then to the degree of going through to pixels to the point of half of the pixel and half of the one above it were in the same square of the grid.

An example I can made is something like this:

Before Issues        Durring Issues:

|_|_|_|_|_|                    |_|_|_|_|_|

|P|i |x |e|l |                    |P|i |x |e|l |

|P|i |x |e|l |                    |P|i |x |e|l |

This had make it a very tedious process, I've re-install the program several times, install it on multiple systems, quit and restarted the program, it's not just simply going away from what I'm tried.

I've tried browsing the internet for solve to this issue but the most I can find are plugins to crate a grid on the top of the image to a "Snap-to-Grid" plugin, which don't help my case in slightest.

So if there is something that can be done to prevent this from happen in the future, please inform me. Also exscuse my english, I'm still learning.

Can you post a screenshot of this?

Also, have you tried the 4.0 beta? The whole canvas was rewritten, including the thing that renders the pixel grid. This might not be an issue at all anymore.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Can you post a screenshot of this?

Also, have you tried the 4.0 beta? The whole canvas was rewritten, including the thing that renders the pixel grid. This might not be an issue at all anymore.

Well I not have things I can screenshot with, but I never even herd of a new version beta. I'm try and see if the issue is fixed.

There's always the "print screen" button. Press that, then paste into paint.net.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo