Forum Icon order

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but for me the forum icons don't appear to be in any order at all.
Would it be possible to make three groups: pdn icons :LayerProperties: :AddNewLayer: :AntiAliasingDisabled:, emoticons B):mrred:  and 'other' :bell::yin-yang::umbrella:, then arrange them alphabetically?

I waste so much time looking for the correct icon - and getting it wrong!

How do others use icons efficiently? ... is there a 'sort' button somewhere I have missed?

Apologies if this creates extra work for a mod :rainbow::MagicWandTool:- but it would save much time and frustration. :devlish::Warning: :Tools: :weather-lightning::rain:

• Upvote 3

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I don't have access to change the emoticons, but the way I make it work is to open the emoticons window, hit Ctrl+F, and then type in what I'm looking for.  It'll go straight to it.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well that's stupid. There's an interface for organizing them into groups and folders, but it doesn't do anything. I can drag them around into something resembling a logical order, though.

But anyway, I also use ctrl+f to quickly find the icon I'm looking for.

• Upvote 3

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Thanks for the feedback - I will try typing the (guessed) icon name in.
(I currently scroll up and down trying to spot the one I want!)

Could the icons themseleves be re-named to get them in order (eg.A1 thru Z9 prefix) or does the forum software not order them at all? - I guess that would ruin the current way of doing things too.

Just grouping all the Pdn ones together would certainly make life easier. (Thanks in advance Pyro). Oooh! you've done it already - brilliant :) ;) :D B) :beer:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Oh, a shortcut.  I had the list it tattooed on my inner thigh :doh:

aagh  :aagh: and About  :About: were Ok, but ZoomToWindow :ZoomToWindow:  made my eyes water :Xemote:

Not 100% sure that list is up-to-date.  Seem to remember :heart: was broken a while back.

Edit: Yep, it still is.

• Upvote 1

</3  <3

I see.  It's changed from 

:heart:   and    :heart-break:

to 

<3    and    </3

I may update the PDF this weekend if I get time.