What tasks you been doing with Paint.NET at the start?

Hello :) I want to ask what you were doing with Paint.NET then you have found it? :) Like, if you were trying out effects, or maybe doing simple everyday-tasks, or something? :)

Talking about myself I was just improvising with different effects, trying to get something nice out of nothing or from any image. After that I've started editing some of the photos, which really needed some of the fixes.

I used it to add text to images for a college group I was a part of.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

When I started, the first thing I did was look through the tutorials for effects I liked. I think the first one I found was the exploding planet.

I went through a few other tutorials before I finally joined the forum and made my first post.

Eventually, I started experimenting, but tutorials...definitely how I recommend starting.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I'm very new to PDN and to photo editing in general. A few weeks ago I went looking for a photo editing program that I could download and use to edit pictures and have some fun with. I found about ten different programs and I went with PDN since in several reviews it was mentioned that it had a fairly easy learning curve. I'm really happy that I went with PDN. For one thing this forum has been both fun and helpful to me. I've learned a great deal in just a couple of weeks. For instance, I had no idea what layers were and now I'm working with them all the time. I'm still into the basics but I try to stretch out a little each time I work on a project and experiment with plugins from the plugin paks I downloaded. I probably went overboard with plugins and now I resigned myself to learn and use more of what I already have and not to get anything else. I bought the Kindle book "Mastering Paint.Net" which is a great reference along with tutorials on this forum and youtube. 

I have done some fun and interesting projects one of which I posted in the Pictorium called "A Tribute To Louis Armstrong". Several people were very helpful with suggestions to improve it so I took their advice and learned how to do several things like cleaning up boarders and making a more interesting background. Another project was my forum picture (upper left) which is a photo  I took of my little dog Eddie and played with it to get what I think is an interesting picture. Just today I was experimenting and learning to use a plugin by TR called Displacement Map 3D. Very cool. I combined it with what I learned about removing images, layers, and several other effects. My next project is to design a signature that I see most people have here on the forum. I have to give that some thought and hopefully come up with something unique. All in all I really love PDN and again I'm so glad I found it. Things have a way of working out as we all know. Good luck with your projects and I hope my input has helped.

• Upvote 1
cweber54logo3NeonMushrooms.jpg