Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Cliff Rock

Very nice result Skullbonz. Very effective. I can't +1 because I've so many tuts on the go it would be rude of me to do some and not others

... speaking of rude. Very Red Ochre not to comment on the actual tutorial that allowed him to come up with the end result. But I can't say I'm surprised. No love lost as they say. I guess that's where we differ in that I made the effort on one of yours

Top class examples from all on here. Great tute again mate, easy to follow and play around with. Thanks for the share B)

This is my result - I made it black & white, used brightness / contrast to lighten it, then played with curves+

texture.png

Thank you,I always experiment a little.  You do have some nice tutes Welsh and they have room for experimentation. Actually Red I started by beveling and such before the diffusing but it led to unwanted results. Then all I did on one was add another layer leaving the primary and secondary colors the blues in the tute and added Barbecue text,size 84. Then I just blurred it to about 40,experiment with different blur settings,undo is great,lol. Then merge with the 1st cloud layer, now diffuse that layer. That is where I stopped and added some darkness with the Brightness/Contrast. Another way would be to duplicate that layer and use the blending modes on the top layer, multiply usually works good.

Is that some cobweb I see in yours Drew?  Nice

Edited by skullbonz

Is that some cobweb I see in yours Drew?  Nice

Thanks skullbonz, no cobweb  ;) just black & white and curves+  A happy accident :D

I had to come back and say I was wrong on the gaussian blur setting,I set it at 14 before merging it with the cloud layer.  I also have to report I stumbled on to a different effect,if you check the flip colors box on the bottom left of the diffuse plugin it makes the letters concave like on a headstone,lol.     :)

This time no blending just using Brightness/contrast but with the new discovery,lol.

rocktute-2_zpsa2f6c009.png

Edited by skullbonz

On the top right hand corner there is a search box.

Type your search query in there - e.g. Stone 101...

Just to the right of the text box is another box that when clicked you can select where you would like to search in. (The options box is not very obvious.)

Then you can trawl through a heap of results. You may need to refine the search query.

In this case the hits were numerous but luckily it was in the top ten: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12428-stone-101-community-tutorial/page-2?hl=%2Bstone+%2B101#entry399776

Hope this helps you :D

oops barbieq25 put stone 101 in plug in search - didn't realise it was a tutorial.

Would it be possible to somehow revive this tute? Does anyone have the now disappeared instructional pics or at least approximately remember how to go through it?

Done.  I've added a PDF so the tutorial need never go missing again :D

@ERR! Thank you so much. xblf4ioa.gif  pmi4logv.png