Can't get Conditional Hue/Saturation to work...

For some reason I can't seem to get this to work for me.

I'm trying to change the color of a model's sweater from pink to blue.  I select the pink range of the color wheel, and then try to change the hue.  But nothing happens.

I've looked for a tutorial with no luck.  Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

paint.net 3.5.10  windows 7

Edited by scoostraw

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to 3.5.11 - or even the alpha version of 4.0 ;)

I wrote a mini tut on CH&S a while back - let's see if I can find it.....

Ah. Here 'tis http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21134-how-can-i-create-a-shape-and-recolor-it/?p=348884

Hey Ego thanks.  I actually found that tut before I posted.

And I got the effect to work, but for some reason changing the hue introduces square shaped blotches.  Pretty nasty.  (Is it ok to post an image to the forum to show what I'm trying to do?)

Ok yes I will upgrade also...

Edited by scoostraw

Yes. Best to upload the image to a hosting site & post the URL here.

BTW: You may have an old version of CH&S - check that you have the most recent version from Evan Old's plugin pack. If the problem persists following the upgrade of both PDN and the plugin, please post the image URL.

You can delete the file named CondHSAdj.dll from your Paint.NET/Effect folder (Paint.NET will need to be closed first). That's the old version. The newer version is contained in the file EOEffects.dll.

Restarting Paint.NET should leave you with one copy :)

I got all the jersey with these settings:

yhsjjie-660.png

But note how the skin is also selected? It's shade is too close to the jersey to easily separate using CH&S settings.

Workaround: Duplicate the layer before running CH&S at those settings on the top layer. Use the Eraser tool to remove the recolored face on the top layer, leaving the lower layer face to show through.

yhsjjie-642.png.

There is still a little pink around the right side of the chin (EDIT: that actually might be my poor erasing :lol: ) - I'll leave you to play with the settings of CH&S to resolve that. Tip: click on a control then use the arrow keys for fine control ;)