Three days in and this is what i have come up with so far!!

gaz9012

Hi people,

well all this a very new to me and have spent a lot of time reading abd playing around.  I've seen a few ideas around the net and have come up with a few things with regards to other peoples ideas. yes it is my work but i have cropped the tree, am not sure if that meets forum rules, but i'd say the majority of the image is my own attempt.

i think the tree would look better if it was the same coulour as the brown letters, and the same goes for the letter E and the leaves.  Dont worry am not expecting rave reviews lol, far from it, more a little guidence on how to improve it. I'm also not sure on the shadow on the tree.

anyways, let the helpfull comments roll :)

th_ethicaltraders.jpg

edit was just to follow the post :)

Edited by gaz9012

I think you're being too hard on yourself. Very effective

really? oh cool thanks, my eyes sting after the amount of reading i have done lol

I personally like the tree as it is and the E is nice being a different colour but I must admit I'm not a lover of that shade of green. Seems a bit garish next to the burnt umber(ish) text. Maybe have it the same shade as the leaves on the tree ?

I to think the E would be better the same coulor as the leaves, how do i colour match it?

Have a look for the AA-Assistant plugin, see if you can smooth out the jaggies on the tree a bit. I think the shadow looks fine

i'll have a read/look, the jaggedness came from when i used the magicwand with a high transparent % with cut, it also got worse with the shadow.

I personally like the tree as it is and the E is nice being a different colour but I must admit I'm not a lover of that shade of green. Seems a bit garish next to the burnt umber(ish) text. Maybe have it the same shade as the leaves on the tree ?

Have a look for the AA-Assistant plugin, see if you can smooth out the jaggies on the tree a bit. I think the shadow looks fine

I agree with whelsh here. I'd adjust the E to be the same color as the leaves on the tree and take care of the jaggies. Aside from that, It is a great image and a great concept!

As far as how to make the E the same color as the leaves, I would use the color picker (has a dropper icon in Paint.NET), select the color of the leaves and then fill the E with the color. I hope this helps! I also hope to see more stuff from you soon! You've learned faster than I did that's for sure, and I'm still learning. =)

Edited by JulioCoolio

So, I like it.  But a cursory glance makes it look like it says "Ethical Raders."  I'd recommend thickening the trunks on the tree for readability's sake.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

wow, thanks people,really wasn't expecting so much feed back, is super cool :)

so here it is, phase two, lol managed to change the E, cant believe how easy it was considering all the other things i have been doing, couldn't see the wood for the trees, pun intended :)

have changed the size and angle of the tree a little more. to thicken the trunks will take me a lot more time, i'll leave it for now as have had a few more beers since your replys lol.

i'll have a play about with the grass and the leaves and post phase three once done, and of course after you have commented on my phase two due to forum rules ;)

th_ethicaltraders1.jpg