App V 5.0 Paint.Net

Hi there,

I have recently packaged Paint.Net using Microsoft App-V 5.0. 

This runs fine from the App-V Server to my local machine after the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 patch mentioned elsewhere in the forums through the Virtualisation software though when run on the MS Server 2008 R2 Terminal Server I get the attached message.

At the moment I'm not sure if this is to do with the App-V itself OR Paint.Net so if this is Paint.Net any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Joseph Wybraniec

Techstream Solutions

post-134548-0-89677800-1386657399_thumb.

What version of Windows are we talking about here?

It looks like it doesn't have the .NET Framework -- it's complaining about System.Core.dll. You'll need 3.5 SP1, which Windows 7 already comes with, but I don't know how your stuff is configured.

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hi Rick,

You were spot on! I was missing the .NET Framework 3.5.1 and SP1 on the Server (we have it running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Terminal Server Roles) and once that was installed it ran fine. Heads up for anyone else trying this that .NET Framework 3.5.1 is a Server Role which has to be activated through Server Manager>Features>New Features followed by a few Windows updates and a Restart