Multi-color gradient & straightening a photo (How to in Paint.NET :) )

Hi everyone, :)

I'm trying to find in Paint.NET the functions I use often:

1) How to straighten photos, using an horizontal line or a geometrical figure (I tried yet the radius straighten, but the photos are deformed then)

2) Some info on how to add a transparency layer and how to "colour" an area with transparent background;

3) How to make a gradient of two or more colours with advanced settings;

4) How to cut an area of a photo with precision (point-to point system and point to point "guided" based on colour tollerance levels; magic wand seems not to cut and then I haven't a firm hand);

5) Advices to additional plugins for photo editing (borders, frames, artistic effects, ecc ecc).

Thanks in advance ^^

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added descriptive title.

Hey Haddin!  Welcome!

1.  This plugin should do the job: Composition Tool

2.  Add new layer using this icon at the foot of the Layers Window :AddNewLayer:  Move this new layer to the bottom of the stack using the Down arrow.  Click on the new layer in the Layers Window to make it active (i.e. a blue highlight) then use the Paint Bucket tool :PaintBucket: to flood the layer with a color.

3. Try this plugin: Multi Color Gradient

4.  Zoom in and try the Eraser :EraserTool:  You can specify the size of the eraser in the Tool Bar.

5.  The list of plugins is called the Plugin Index.  find a link to the list, and extended versions which are downloadable, in my signature.

Hey, Hadden! If you don't mind, could I ask you to change your post title to be more descriptive and bring it in line with the forum rules? Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'll try plugins above. But seems to be the ones I need :)

I'll try also with eraser tool, however can I make an area to remove (a polygon made point-to-point) using a specific tools using tollerance and a line?

I think how to improve the post title, should I put a tag?

*EDIT* (Seems I can't edit post title, only body of post)

Edited by Hadden

When you try to edit your post, click the Use Full Editor button at the foot of the editing window.

The full editor has the option of changing the thread title.