Basic: Problems moving and re sizing layers in image

I know this is basic, but I sure would appreciate some help. I slect one layer for the image . When I use the rectangular selection tool on the layer and go to resize or move the selection with the move resize pixel tool instead of moving or resizing the selected area I get blank rectangle that moves or resizes. The selected area just stays the same. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

The rectangular selection tool is just going to select the area you pick. In short, you're using the wrong tool.

Hit control +A to select the whole layer and then select the Move Selected Pixels tool .That's the one you want. You can move your selection and resize it.

Welcome to the forums.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I think DarkShock is correct - you're using the wrong tool.

Use this one to move pixels :MoveTool: and not this one :MoveSelectionTool: (it moves the selection outline without moving any pixels in the layer).