Is "multi-colored" Line Drawing Possible?

I work on old radios, and jukeboxes. Remember Vacuum Tubes (Valves)  Anyone?

The schematics when I can get them are not very clear. I try and clean up areas of the schematic I am working on by redrawing the lines, and redoing the text. I try and do the lines in the colors of the wires.

For example, If I wanted to draw a wire that was blue with a red stripe, it would look something like the attached image. It would have black outline, and the inside filled with 1 or 2 color (the diagonal strips would be nice, but I could live with straight lines).

If I wanted to draw a white line, it would have black outline, and the inside would be a solid color.

Is there a way to accomplish this for the two types of lines that I need to draw?

If not, can someone point me to some plugin source code that I could adapt?

Music Aint Music Unless It Glows!

post-130894-0-77326300-1384319202_thumb.

Something similar is possible.  You may have to do the black outline separately though..

1. Choose your two colors as Primary and Secondary.

2. Activate the line tool :LineTool:

3. Increase the brush width to the thickness you wish

4. Change the Fill Type to one of the Wide diagonal types.

yhsjjie-164.png

If you want to do it freehand, you can also put the pattern you want on another layer and clone-stamp it to the destination layer.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I've created/edited many electrical schematics using mostly the Rectangle tool to draw wires: just about any combination of two colors, scads of fill patterns,

bordered or borderless, any width. No plugin needed. It's usually necessary to zoom in and clean up the intersections/direction changes. Easy and fun!