.EPS Files?

I recently designed a letterhead for our new company, and am working with a supplier on printing some envelopes with the company letterhead.

They've asked for an .eps file with at least 300 dpi. My original .pdn file I made 4-times the actual print size (which was 3.3 inches x 1 inch) at set the dpi at 600.

When I size it down to actual, I am keeping the resolution at 600 dpi, flattening, and then saving as a jpeg, then converting to a PDF, which I save as a .eps.

Somehow, I am ending up with an .eps file that is not hi-rez enough.

Is this a correct way to get to an .eps file? And is there a better way?

Thanks!

Don't use JPG. Use PNG. JPG is a "lossy" format; PNG is Lossless.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

.pdn files save everything.

.png will flatten the image (no layers) and do what it can to save space while staying lossless. For example, a completely black image will save as a much smaller .png file than a photo of a butterfly flitting across a rainbow over the imperial gardens. If I remember correctly, the two files would be the same size if saved as .pdn.

EDIT: Wikipedia says to save as a .tiff if you are messing with .eps

If you are losing visual quality, then I'm not sure what's going on.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo