Change text (erase & re-type)

RockyWoods

Am new to this. I have scanned into Paint a document as a picture (don't know if that was the way to do it, but that is what was offered).

The document is a Receipt from my company. We have recently changed address and wish to revise it for the printer. I would like to make changes to the document (remove text and add new text).

I cannot find a way to do this with what is shown in the menu dropdowns.

Can this be done? Or, should I use another program. Paint is what was suggested (by HP the program) that I used.

Thank you,

Rocky

An easy way to do this is to:

1) Open your source image. In this case, it's your receipt.

2) Use the Color Picker tool and click on the area right outside the text.

3) Add a new layer and draw over the text you wish to change with the Rectangle (w/Draw Filled Shape enabled) tool or even the Paintbrush tool.

4) Add a new layer and type in your new text.

5) Flatten and save your image after you are satisfied with the way it looks.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Hi:

Thanks for trying. As I mentioned, I'm new to this, so don't quite understand everything you said.

I have the receipt in Paint, founds the Color Picker in the dropdown, but when I tried to use the eyedropper, nothing happened.

I found the Layers tab, and clicked Add a New Layer. Tried that by going over the text. Still notihing changed.

Am sure I'm not doing it right. What now???

Thanks,

Rocky

All the Color Picker does is change the Primary and Secondary colors to the color you clicked on. Left-click for primary and Right-click for secondary. Let's say I have an image that is all Teal. If I draw a rectangled filled shape without using the color picker first, the rectangle will be drawn in Black. This is because the default color for the primary color is Black.

Adding a new layer simply allows you to make changes to the image as a whole without making changes to the source image. Think of a layer as a sheet of transparency film. You know, just like teachers or professionals use with overhead projectors. Each layer is an image on it's own but when combined with other layers, it changes the image as a whole. For instance, If you have one layer with a square drawn on it and another layer with a circle drawn on it, combined, you have an image with a square and a circle.

I don't see how I can help any further other than holding your hand and talking you through each action, which I'm not about to do. Sorry, I just don't have the time nor patience to do so.

The Help Topics provided with Paint.Net are pretty detailed and straight forward. They should be able to help you understand what action each tool/options are able to do/perform. Press F1 to view the Help Topics.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Guess I'm wasting my time with Paint. I mistakenly thought Paint would help in erasing text so it could be retyped (corrected).

Can anyone suggest another programto do this?

I can understand that it would take hard work. But, with my limited knowledge of computers, I'd be wasiting my time.

I thought there programs out there that would make things easier, not harder.

I thought there programs out there that would make things easier, not harder.

Sorry. Unfortunately there is no way for the program to tell the difference between your text and the rest of your image. Thats your, our, job.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Hi:

It is a scan of my store's receipt which needs an address change. I also have our letterhead, and a few other items.

Because of the graphics involved, I thought I could save our Printer some work and make the changes myself for him (thus saving myself some $$$).

From what everyone is tellimg me about how great computers are for all kinds of things, I thought there would be at least one program out there that would make this easy.

Tks

If you would just take the time to read the help topics I think you would see that your task at hand can be done quite easily.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png