Anyone having issues with this?

+1

@Deleted:  I recommend you remove all the files you installed from that website and download the plugins again from this forum.

The Megalo Effects pack is an unauthorized compilation of several plugin packs on this forum. There's a good chance some of the plugins in it are outdated and won't work with the latest version of paint.net.

If you want the most recent version of the light rays plugin, it's a part of Madjik's plugin pack

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

The Megalo Effects pack is an unauthorized compilation of several plugin packs on this forum. There's a good chance some of the plugins in it are outdated and won't work with the latest version of paint.net.

If you want the most recent version of the light rays plugin, it's a part of Madjik's plugin pack

Is this update to date with those plugins?

That plugin pack was last updated in January 2012, but that is still very recent. It was most likely updated to be compatible with Paint.NET 3.5 (current version).

Just do what the guys before me said. Delete all of the plugins you downloaded from that other site and start getting your plugins from here.

• Upvote 1

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You should also run a full antivirus scan.  There's no telling what that plugin pack had lurking in it.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I mean after you uninstall the offending software package.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

That makes sense.  They probably wouldn't go to the effort of infecting the actual effects when you're using their installer and infecting your machine anyway.

I'd still recommend dumping them and using the official versions from this forum.

• Upvote 1

Hmm... Avast never detected anything in the paint.net directory but it detected the megalo effects setup as a virus. Evogen to be exact.

Thanks for posting this.  Other users need to be warned.  You can see now why we take such a dim view of that website and plugin pack.

That makes sense.  They probably wouldn't go to the effort of infecting the actual effects when you're using their installer and infecting your machine anyway.

I'd still recommend dumping them and using the official versions from this forum.

Already removed all of it :)

Good work.  :-)