Getting photo's the right size for adding to the layers

enidan80

Hello,

Adding layers to a chosen background I find that the pictures I have chosen to add, whilst looking ok in My Pictures are way to small in the layers pallet, If I try to enlarge them to fit they just go out of focus and pixelate?. something tells me they should all be the same file size how can I convert them, and is this the answer?.

Many thanks

endian 80 :tard3:

You should make your overall image the size of your smallest picture. That way all of your larger pictures can just be sized down to fit. Anytime you re-size an image to make it larger it will come out blurry. To re-size an image hit Control + R.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Thank you for that Dark Shot, I have a background image that fills say the canvas size, now upon it I want to place a person I have saved by cutting it out now on placing it on the background it requires resizing or enlarging that is when it begins to break up.

I shall try your suggestion although the cut-out of people I have chosen are already quite small.

enidan80

If the size of your cut-outs are small then you will have to consider sizing down your overall image a lot. I recommend finding larger cut-outs if possible.

Edited by DarkShock

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Resizing up is never a good idea.  Always use the largest images you can and resize them down before saving whenever possible.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Getting photo's the right size for adding to the layers