How to Install Plugins ×

Image Tiling FileType (2021-01-23)

null54

This plugin splits an image into tiles and saves them into a zip file.

Large image and tile sizes may be slow to save.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Download:

TileImageFileType.zip

Source Code:

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-image-tiling-filetype

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

This is absolutely incredible. Fast turnaround and everything. Nice work.

@BoltBait, did you know the scope of the power you wield? :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Improved the performance with large images, increased the maximum tile size to 2048.

File version updated to 1.0.0.1.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 9 months later...

Sadly this Plugin is not working in v4.0.3 for me.  I've tried putting it in the Effects Folder, as one does, but it doesn't show up at all.  Also, there is no message about it not loading either :(

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Oooops - but it's still not showing up even with it in File Types Folder.  It used to be in Effects - Distort :|

Perhaps I'm just tired .... tomorrow is another day!

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You will find this plugin in the "Save as type:" box of "Save as...". The name is there 'Image tiles (*.zip).

But maybe you are looking for Chop Up and Save (Effects->Tools) which works simular but allows you to see the tiles in the canvas.

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif

I just tried it in FileTypes but on Pdn 3.5.11.
It shows up as a choice when you go to save (though I do get an error - most probably my mistake).

You say it used to be found under Effects/Distort?
May you be thinking of another effect?
Possibly 'Tile Image' - by Curtis Black,
'Tile Reflection' or 'Tiles Reflection XY' or even 'Tile from clipboard'?

Try using the Plugin Browser here:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/29308-the-plugin-browser-updated-2014-08-08/

Select the 'Menu' button and click on 'Distort' and it will suggest plugins in that submenu. Or try the keyword 'Tiles'.

Hope that helps.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hey guys - thanks for your input.  This is what I'm looking for and will try to find the download tomorrow.

pz1NB7O.png

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

Yup. That's the one. Unfortunately Curtis Black's plugins are incompatible with PDN4 :(

Thanks so much @Sasha  :cake:  - I've now downloaded it. 

@EER  I have managed to get the Tile Image to work OK in v4 ................ so far :D .

30b8T8B.gif

Thanks so much @Sasha  :cake:  - I've now downloaded it. 

@EER  I have managed to get the Tile Image to work OK in v4 ................ so far :D .

Works for me too in V4.0.3 :)

swIFX9v.png

Good to know. It must not use the "common" resource file that seems to be conflicting with PDN4.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
  • null54 changed the title to Image Tiling FileType (2021-01-23)
On 6/8/2020 at 1:24 AM, Eli said:

Would it be possible to add an option to choose the width and height so the tiles will not be all square?  :) 

Done.

Release version 1.1.0.0.

Changes:

• Allow users to save non-square tiles
  • Added a PluginSupportInfo attribute
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 2 years later...