Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Make a Smartphone Basics ...

Awesome!  Honestly!  The results are even more impressive for the relative simplicity of the individual steps.  I guess this means you've created another amazing, accessible, easy to follow tutorial. :star:

Thanks Welshy!

P.S.  Textures?  I feel it's a Creation..

P.S.  Textures?  I feel it's a Creation..

I think it is a Creation too. A fabulous one too!

Attempting to move it :D Hope I don't mess this up. 

@ EER, Visual, Dark' and BarbieQ' ... many thanks.  

Not sure about it being "another amazing" tute mate ... reading back through it I could have worded some of it a bit better.  A lesson learnt - never write a tutorial when it feels like someone is cleaving your head open with an axe

And you're both right - definitely a creation not a texture ... I guess I'm so used to writing texture tutes ;)  Thanks for moving it B'

Thanks for the upvoting points folks.  

Many thanks @Welshy for yet another well written and easy to follow tutorial :)  Herewith my girly edition and it gave me a chance to use the icons I made yongers ago :P

Girliephone_zps0e00dfe0.png

• Upvote 2

Really nice result Pixey ... awesome icons as well.  

Great to see you ran with the tute and made it unique to you

Top tute from you mate, bookmarked and ready to try asap. Nice one.

That's a brilliant example Pixey. Really well made ( just wonder what the 25 on the calender app relates to)

Many thanks @ Welshy :)

That's a brilliant example Pixey. Really well made ( just wonder what the 25 on the calender app relates to)

It's my personal app to remind me to shop for Christmas smiley-greet008.gif

Another well explained easy to follow tute, with amazing results. Good man yourself. The big learning curve for me was the multiple use of Con. Hue/Sat. I'd have never thought to do that. Cheers for the share. Nice one!

Cool result Pixey.

Well spotted ... just demonstrating that using gradients/ blurs etc can be used to make all manner of things ;)

Images updated and PDF link added

(To the people charged with sorting the whole forum out ... my hat off to you.  Soul Destroying springs to mind ... )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just trying out all my tutorials ... to see if they actually do make sense.  

galaxy.png

• Upvote 1

I really want to do this tutorial but I can't. That is because the updated 'Rounded Rectangle' plugin is confusing to work with,  so I use either the rounded rectangle shape or I use Toehead's rounded rect plugin. Also, creating the drop shadow without the drop shadow plugin is hard. Especially if the tutorial says to create the drop shadow on a duplicated layer. My attempt to do this tutorial with alternative ways around the plugins listed, didn't turn out so well. 

53 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Why don't you update to paint.net 4 and install these plugins?

I have the current version of PDN which is 4.1.4. I have most of the plugins for the tutorial. The most recent version of Rounded Rectangle is 1.5.0.0 but I don't use it because it's confusing. I use either toehead's rounded rect plugin or the shapes rounded rectangle. Does Drop Shadow from Kris VDM's plugin pack work with the current version of PDN?